Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Button Combo

Thanks

Default Hidden Button Combo

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new at coding and I always try to do what is beyond me!! [If you don't try you don't learn...] I'm building an information site and need to incorporate a 'secret access' url link which the user will be sent to when the screen is double clicked in two fixed invisible 'hot spot' areas.

I've been trying for days but for the life of me can't figure it out....can anybody help....please.....

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If I understand this correctly you need to put a link on a page and hide it so people have to guess where it is? The easiest way to do that is to use the same color for the text, or whatever your link is, as the background. Then it wont be visible, just like this >> http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/ << link.

Thanks

Not quite, that would be too easy and could accidentally be discovered. What Iím trying to do is to have either 2 and 4 invisible buttons or Ďhot spotí areas, say in each corner or at opposite corners, to access the hidden URL the user would have to enter a sequence of button presses, say maybe double click top right hand hot spot then double click bottom left hand hot spot in a given time frame to gain access, and if the time frame was exceeded nothing would happen. Hope this makes more sense.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You'll probably have to use javascript for that, not really my strong side so someone else will have to help you out.

Thanks

Thanks snookerman, that's my whole problem, it will need some coding and I can't get my head around how to make it work

Thanks
    Blog Entries

JavaScript can do it, but then the points and URLs and button combos will be visible in the Source Code. Flash can do it, and hide it a bit easier. No matter what thogh you aren't going to make it undiscover-able. (yes, I know that's not a word)

Flash, or Java, are probably your most secure bets for this, but those with decompilers can still access the information, if they really want it.
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result

Thanks

Why don't you just make a 'backdoor' page?
    And don't have a link to it at all? so then people would have to guess the link in order to get to whatever your trying to hide.

example: yoursite.com/secretarea1234

Thanks

Hi Guys,

thanks for your input, I think I need to give you a bit more info on what I'm trying to do. The system will run on a touch screen, so there is no keyboard or mouse, so trapping key inputs or mouse positions is not an option, it will need to rely purelly on mouse clicks, and I've also hidden the address bar, so you can't physically enter a URL, the whole system is based on links to off line pages, and only one on-line web site which will be white listed. The idea of the double hidden button double click is that it will call on a link to an admin page which is password protected. My only stumbling block is the 2 button combination to call up the admin page.

Thanks

i'd think flash then set _root.m=0; at the start of your flash movie.

buttonwhateveritis.onRelease = function() { //on a click and release of mouse
    if ( _root.m >= 12) { //tests to see if its past the number of clicks
    getURL("PAGENAME.html", "_blank") //if it has load this page
    } else {
    _root.m= _root.m + 1; // add 1 because we still haven't hit number of clicks to load the page yet.
    }
    };

This is assuming the users finger still functions as a mouse would.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You would need to do more than that. Such as mouse control, pointer staying pointer, disable the tab highlight, and on and on...
    {CWoT - Riddle } {Freelance Copywriter} {Learn to Write}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @InkingHubris
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result