Thread: IE and FLASH

Thanks

Default IE and FLASH

I have flash (*.swf) included in my website but everytime i enter my site IE has restricted running ActiveX control... do all flash movies do that? how can I automatically make IE show my flash since the file has no ActionScript... its only a picture slide?

Thanks
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 12-01-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: signature rule violation

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think that is a user setting in the browser. You can probably turn it off in the advanced settings.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Microsoft has released updates to Internet Explorer that changes how it handles active content such as that viewed in Adobe Flash Player, Authorware Player, Shockwave Player, and Adobe Reader, as well as Sun Java, Apple QuickTime, RealNetworks RealPlayer, and other ActiveX controls.

Active content that is embedded in HTML pages in certain ways will not receive user input (for example, keyboard or mouse events) until the user clicks either to activate or continue loading the control.

The full article is found here and MS will start pushing updates to IE to reverse the click to activate trend. However, this will always be a non-mandatory update.

For a fix using JS and AX controls see this article
    {CWoT - Riddle } {OSTU - Psycho} {Invasion - Team}
    Follow Me on Twitter: @Negative_Chaos
    PHP Code:
    $result mysql_query("SELECT finger FROM hand WHERE id=3");
    echo 
    $result