Thread: Seo

Thanks

Default Seo

I've read a lot answers to this question, but would like to have some of your responses. What is the recommended number OR allowed number of keywords for a page. I'm working on a site for a small furniture company and thought it would be good to put the names of each piece of furniture as (meta) keywords. Except for one, each page doesn't contain more than 15 pieces of furniture. Thoughts?

~ Regards
    Steve

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

I already have and appreciate your links. I just wanted some opinions from the forums. thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Alright, well I think 15 furniture names would do fine, especially if they are "exotic" words (e.g. neoclassical) that people might use to look for a specific thing. I'm sure Google and co. will have no problem with that as long as the keywords are related to the content.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

In my point of view...

you can use one keyword par page at least 10 to 12 time.

Last edited by djr33; 12-11-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks

Search engines like google no longer use meta information as data when "ranking" pages for results.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
    Search engines like google no longer use meta information as data when "ranking" pages for results.
    Well, Google doesn't. Meta tags still have some validity with Yahoo and MSN, but not much. As you say, it doesn't really matter for relative rankings. But it does make a difference in getting you on the results in the first place.

The best thing you can do for your SEO rankings is to have usable, accessible, useful content written with standards-compliant, semantic markup. If you don't have that, no number of these tricks will make a difference.

Thanks

Try and have a term (piece of furniture) per page. This way you will have created landing pages for each product making each page highly relevant for each piece of furniture. This would result in better positions in the engines and better conversion rates.