Smooth Navigational Menu: Problem - Cannot have 2 side arows under one listing
1) Script Title: Smooth Navigational Menu
2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...smoothmenu.htm
3) Describe problem:
* There is a problem when having two sub-aarow listings under the same main listing.
* The problem leads to several visual defects:
(a) grey shadow box does not appear in 2nd listing, OR (b) grey shadow box appears far off-right (seems to depend on randomness)
* This seems to affect subsequent main menu listings that have side sub-arrows.
* For example of the problem, see: http://acreativellc.com/newsite/nav.php
- Take a look at main menu tab "Web Design" -> And then 2nd sub-menu aarow "Programming"
* It works fine with one sub-menu arrow, as seen on http://acreativellc.com/newsite/navA/nav.php
* This is true in both IE7, and in Firefox 3.0.4
* NOTE: When I compare this to another script, "All Levels Navigational Menu (v1.5)" at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm , this other script does NOT have this same problem. This other script works fine, you can see two sub-menu arrows under the main tab "CSS".
Any upgrades, or solutions to this problem, are much appreciated! Thanks!
- Brian, A Creative LLC
Anyone found a solution to this problem, as I'm having the same problem
Bug confirmed. I'll have to take a stab at it when I have time, probably within the next couple of weeks.
Temp fix ... if you turn the shadow off (false) in ddsmoothmenu.js, it works 100%
Last edited by Snookerman; 04-22-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Reason: removed link
Well of course, turning off the shadow altogether will fix any shadow related issues.
Ok, this particular bug should now be fixed: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...smoothmenu.htm (only .js file changed).
The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much for this quick fix !!!
Amazing Job you 're doing
Regards & Thanks
I've just been playing with this menu and noticed a problem in IE6.
If I move cursor down on to one of the dropdown elements and then move the cursor quickly back up, part of the shadow remains painted on the screen. See http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8...45133cruw5.png
Switching off shadow fixes problem.
Otherwise a really nice menu. Thanks.
Yep I'm aware of this bug in IE6 David. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a quick fix yet. If I do the menu of course will be updated for it.
OK, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for updates.