Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing background from images

Thanks

Default Removing background from images

Hi,

I am designing a catalog however the photos have a background, for
    example the pictures are of shoes but i can see the table the shoe is
    sitting on and the background behind the shoe, is there a way to cut
    the shoes out in Photoshop so the background is removed?

Thanks

Thanks

You need to use clipping paths.
    Googling it i found this: http://www.sketchpad.net/paths3.htm

Thanks

There isn't a particular technique to removing things in an image. A good artist will know many tricks, from ideas like above (selecting regions and doing stuff with them), to the clone/healing brushes, and other options. Looking at some tutorials in general will help, but to get good at it, you'll just need to practice. By posting the specific image, we might be able to suggest a more specific approach that would apply best there, but generally it's art, not science.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Can thoroughly recommend learning to use the pen tool - do a search for tutorials. It might looks a nightmare to start with, but it's quick and easy to learn and it'll make your end results MUCH better than trying to cut things out with the lasoo tool etc.

Thanks

Default Removing background from images

I am finding this too hard, I googled and found some companies that do this sort of thing, has anyone tried them? Is clipping path the same as deepetching. http://www.deepetch.com seems to be one good one, I also saw http://www.rapidclipping.com/Photosh...pping/home.htm and http://www.ezyclipping.com. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing. My catalog has over 300 images of jewelery and jackets with fur fitted on manequins due in two weeks, all shot on a blue studio background. Do I require alpha channel masking? Can anyone help please?

Thanks

I'm just curious, but why would you take on this job with this tight deadline not knowing how to crop images? My best advice is hiring someone who will sit and do all the tedious work. Two weeks is not enough time for you to learn the pen tool, trust me it's scary at first but once you get the hang of it, the pen tool becomes your best friend. I use a combination of layer masking and creating paths. Of course in Photoshop.

Thanks

You must use on stamp tool, I know in short time only this tool can help.
    If you do not use photoshop regular, you can not handle Pen Tool easily.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hfidgen View Post
    Can thoroughly recommend learning to use the pen tool - do a search for tutorials. It might looks a nightmare to start with, but it's quick and easy to learn and it'll make your end results MUCH better than trying to cut things out with the lasoo tool etc.
    I agree 100% the pen tool should be come your best friend!

Thanks

Default Removing The Background Using Photoshop

Hi,

If there is not enough contrast between the background and the object you want to remove then:
    1) use the pen tool to outline the object
    2) refine the path using the "Direct Selection Tool"
    3) right click on the refined path and choose "make selection"
    4) press control+j to copy the object to a new layer with a transparent background

Billy Boy

Thanks

I agree with djr33, it's all about techniques. There is no one particular "right way" to cut objects out of an image. However, many of the most popular and easy to grasp techniques were mentioned here.

Also, one that I use quite a bit is using layer masks and clipping masks. However, this is a technique which is accurate when working with well defined edges. If you're dealing with soft edges, you can still use it but you will need to use a very very soft brush to allow some feathering.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Reviews, Interviews, Tutorials, and STUFF
    --------------------------------------------------
    Home of the SexyBookmarks WordPress plugin