Thread: Slideshow Instructions

Thanks

Default Slideshow Instructions

1) Script Title: Blending Image Slideshow Script (Best seen with IE 4+)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/image4.htm

3) Describe problem: Okay, I am an amateur so I need some clear instructions.

I posted a question about the ultimate fade in slideshow and was never able to make it work.

I am building a site for a friend who wants a few pictures rotating on his homepage. Noting has been published yet. I do not know how to make the script find the images. The images are saved in a folder called slideimages inside my main folder for this website. They are named accoring to their content, Ie... Bible, Family, Globe, etc... They are saved as .gif files. I went into the script html and changed the image names to match but I am only getting a red X when the image holder fades in. Also, I want to resize the images to match the web banner. Any information or instructions would be greatly appreciated, remember, amateur here so I need it in first grade dialogue. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

This part is the image declaration:
    Code:
    //specify images
    var slideimages=new Array("image1.gif","image2.gif","image3.gif")
    If youre images is inside slideimages folder inside your main folder, then you could do it this way:
    Code:
    //specify images
    var slideimages=new Array("slideimages/image1.gif","slideimages/image2.gif","slideimages/image3.gif")
    Hope that makes sense.
    Learn how to code at 02geek

The more you learn, the more you'll realize there's much more to learn
    Ray.ph!