Thread: Need help, so frustrated!

Thanks

Default Need help, so frustrated!

Hi guys

If anyone can help with this I'd be most appreciative, I've had a horrible time with this.

Basically, I am making a menu on a page whereby you can click an option and some text will appear lower down the page. This is achieved using javascript. Now, I want to make it so that once you click on an option (Like: 'Mission Statement') that options text will change colour- so it is easy to see what option you have selected.

Now, strangely enough, I have managed to get it working in IE of all places, but not FF (latest versions of both). I can't figure out why.

The style I am using is called 'Style1'. The CSS is as follows:

.style1 { font-weight: bold;font-style: italic;font-size:11px ;text-transform:uppercase}
    a:link {color: #F68121; text-decoration:none}
    a:active {color: Blue; text-decoration:none}
    a:visited { color: #F68121; text-decoration:none }

hr {
    height:1px;
    color: #F4821F;
    padding-top: 0px;
    padding-bottom: 0px;
    line-height: normal;
    }

The Javascript I am using looks like this:

<div align="center">
    <a href="#principles" onclick="showCont(0);returnfalse;" style="text-decoration: none" ><span class="style1">Mission Statement</span></a><br>
    </div>
    <div align="center">
    <a href="#history" onclick="showCont(1);return false;" style=" text-decoration: none"
    ><span class="style1">Staff</span></a><br>
    </div>
    <div align="center">
    <a href="#century" onclick="showCont(2);return false;" style=" text-decoration: none"
    ><span class="style1">B.E.E</div>
    </a>
    <div align="center">
    <a href="#why" onclick="showCont(3);return false;" style=" text-decoration: none"
    ><span class="style1">Social Responsibility</div>
    </a>
    <hr>
    <br>
    <div id="cnt">
    </div>

Help!

Thanks

Thanks

Link to the site where this page is hosted would be nice to better understand the problem

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You missed adding semicolons here:
    Code:
    .style1 {font-weight: bold;font-style: italic;font-size:11px ;text-transform:uppercase;}
    a:link {color: #F68121; text-decoration:none;}
    a:active {color: Blue; text-decoration:none;}
    a:visited { color: #F68121; text-decoration:none;}
    I don't remember if FF had a problem with that, but you should have it anyway.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

Hi guys.

Thanks for your replies. I managed to fix the problem by tweaking some of my CSS.

I have a new problem that needs help though. The menu that I spoke about earlier works fine, but I am trying to get a div to work within a javascript array. Is this possible?

The array looks like this so far (Remembering that " cannot be included in the array):

function showCont(typ) {
    var stuff = new Array()
    stuff[0] = "<tr height= 100 class=noprint > <td valign=top rowspan=1 height=100 ><p><span class=style1>TITLE HERE<a name=DCVG></a></span></p><p><span class=bodytext>TEXT HERE </span></p><div align=right class='bodytextbold' id='more1' style=display:block><a href=#readmore1 style=color:#009933; text-decoration:underline onClick=divShow('moretext1'), divHide('more1')>more &gt;&gt;<hr ></a></div><div style=display:none id='moretext1'><div align=right class=noprint> <a href=#readmore1 onClick=divHide('moretext1'), divShow('more1') style=color:#009933; text-decoration:underline class=bodytextbold>&lt;&lt; less </a></div><p>ADDITIONAL TEXT HERE</p></td></tr>

This is the function that I use for the menu, to call the text:

<div align="center" class="aboutlinks"><a href="#cathodic" onclick="showCont(0);return false;">TITLE HERE</a></div>
    <div align="center" class="aboutlinks"><a href="#surveys" onclick="showCont(1);return false;">TITLE HERE</a></div>

Any help would be appreciated. I cannot give a link to the site because it is not hosted yet.

Thanks
    Kevin

Thanks

are you trying to create that div?

what are you trying to do?

Thanks

No worries. I'm sorted. Thanks.