Thread: Feature Content Slider overlaps main nav menu

Thanks

Red face Feature Content Slider overlaps main nav menu

1) Script Title:

Featured Content Glider

2) Script URL (on DD):

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentglider.htm

3) Describe problem:

This is probably an easy fix, but the featured content slider is partially overlapping my main navigation menu. This concerns the content.html file that provides the external content via Ajax.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It sounds like a CSS issue, probably CSS height. Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddadmin View Post
    It sounds like a CSS issue, probably CSS height. Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.
    Unfortunately, the page is on a secure server and I'd rather not post my UN and PW in a public forum. I hope you understand

Let me try to clarify. I have a Java based drop-down menu on our site. Underneath, I am trying to incorporate the "featured content slider". The script itself works perfectly, but the drown-menu items are now displayed behind the "featured content slider" app.

I had a similar issue when incorporating a Flash-based slide show on a different area of our site, but changing the "wmode" to transparent took care of the problem.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

By Java menu, do you mean JavaScript (versus a Java applet)? If so, within the menu's CSS file, try adding a large z-index value to its sub menu classes, something like:

Code:
    z-index: 5000;
    DD Admin