Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The day that changed America (and probably the world too)

Thanks

Now, that's nice! Why shouldn't I talk about America when, at the same time, America talks about (the destiny of) the rest of the world (and tries to control whole parts of the rest of the world!). I don't say they don't sometimes have reasons to do so. I'm just saying that I have the right to talk about what happens in your country, because your country often tries to control what happens in my country, directly or indirectly. What happens in America affects my country as well. So I feel free to talk about what's going on in your part of the world.
    No disagreement with you there, you are absolutely right. America (as a whole, not as individual Americans) seems to think that it is (and must be) the "World's Police", and therefor sticks IT's nose in many places it does not belong and is NOT wanted. So I fully agree that what happens in America will more than likely indirectly (if not DIRECTLY) affect you as well.

I'm not a native speaker of English, so I may have misunderstood what you mean by 'alien'. Given certain connotations attached to that word, I thought that, by using it, you asserted something unfriendly about certain non-Americans.
    No, I was simply using the term "alien" as a way to describe anyone living in the country illegally. It is fast becoming an issue which will soon make the native residents of the US the "minority". I suppose I could have used the term "immigrant" or "non-citizen", but in my part of the country "alien" is the politically correct way to say it.

It is quite sad actually, that certain American leaders would attempt to shoot holes in the points of view of people living in other parts of the world when those (American) leaders are not even Russians, Chinese, Dutch, Germans etc. themselves.
    No disagreement with you there either. As I mentioned above, I fully agree that America (as a government) attempts to force it's beliefs/opinions on countries that want no part of it. I think that our (America's) biggest downfall is that we (America) do not really uphold the "separation of church and state". What a politician/military leader believes (in my opinion) should have nothing to do with how they run the country. It is not possible to run a country from a truly "Christian" viewpoint, not without breaking countless "rules" set forth by the bible. If the country is run by "Christian" views/opinions, then there is no real room for tolerance of other beliefs. Which in turn causes the global distress we can see today when America tries to tell another country what to believe.

Yes, that would be a pity. But that's not the Mexican's (etc.) fault. Why do you think the whole economy thing started in the first place? Not the fault of the 'aliens'.
    I agree whole-heartedly that it is not the Mexicans' (or others) fault. I do however, believe that a country will never be able to flourish and truly prosper if it is being overrun with countless thousands of people who do not wish to be a "contributing" part of society. These illegal residents (not all, but the vast majority) do not wish to contribute anything to making this country any better. They are here for one purpose and one purpose only: To make a decent wage, on which they can bring more of their family and friends to a place which is "better" than the one from which they came. I do not think there is anything wrong with that, if done correctly. There are LEGAL ways to become a US citizen. It is not that expensive (in the long run), and does not take a "genius" to achieve.

All they have to do is put in an application (just as I myself would have to apply for citizenship in ANY other country). They would be required to learn the bare minimum basics about US History and our government. They would also be required to pass an "English" exam (which I agree with 100%). Granted, the process may take a while... However, they would never have to worry about INS. They would never have to worry about stuffing their family in the gas tanks of cars to get across the border. They could simply walk right through, no questions asked. This is not too much to ask, is it?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Reviews, Interviews, Tutorials, and STUFF
    --------------------------------------------------
    Home of the SexyBookmarks WordPress plugin

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nyne Lyvez View Post
    I was simply using the term "alien" as a way to describe anyone living in the country illegally. ... I suppose I could have used the term "immigrant" or "non-citizen", but in my part of the country "alien" is the politically correct way to say it.
    I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. My fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyne Lyvez View Post
    There are LEGAL ways to become a US citizen. It is not that expensive (in the long run), and does not take a "genius" to achieve. All they have to do is put in an application (just as I myself would have to apply for citizenship in ANY other country). They would be required to learn the bare minimum basics about US History and our government. They would also be required to pass an "English" exam (which I agree with 100%). Granted, the process may take a while... However, they would never have to worry about INS. They would never have to worry about stuffing their family in the gas tanks of cars to get across the border. They could simply walk right through, no questions asked. This is not too much to ask, is it?
    I see. I didn't know that. (But I maintain what I said in my previous post about world-economy).
    ===
    Arie.

Thanks

Short update about stormy weather for him to face:
    http://files.libertyfund.org/econtal...Klingswaps.mp3

Thanks

Rauchway on the Great Depresson and the New Deal

http://files.libertyfund.org/econtal...depression.mp3

Thanks
    Blog Entries

There are LEGAL ways to become a US citizen. It is not that expensive (in the long run), and does not take a "genius" to achieve. All they have to do is put in an application (just as I myself would have to apply for citizenship in ANY other country). They would be required to learn the bare minimum basics about US History and our government. They would also be required to pass an "English" exam (which I agree with 100%). Granted, the process may take a while...
    That's not actually true. The US accepts only a certain number of immigrants per year, and it's a very low number compared to the number of people attempting to enter it. There's a lot of luck involved, and they tend to try to pick the ones who have something to offer the country — which most people from countries in a poor enough state to make attempting to illegally enter the US worthwhile don't, since they lack both education and money.
    It is fast becoming an issue which will soon make the native residents of the US the "minority".
    The native residents of the US are already a minority. They mostly live on reservations, at the mercy of the invaders.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!