Thread: how can open and configure a "*.js" file???

Thanks

Default how can open and configure a "*.js" file???

Obviously, I do not have the tool to configure a *.js file. I just need to (perhaps) a program to do so, right?? I figured this would be the only way...

Anyway, if you know, please help!

thanks

JL

Thanks
    Blog Entries

.js is either a JScript Windows script, or an external Javascript, which I'm presuming is the case as these are web design forums.
    Either way, the file is plaintext; you can edit it with Notepad or a text editor of your choice.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Default ...

for some reason when I opened the *.js file, it gives me a 'no no' - which prevents me from editing the *.js file altogether...

what and how does a typical *.js file look like...

thanks again..

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't understand you.
    It prevents you from editing it? Is the file set to read-only?
    What it looks like entirely depends on the icon you have themed for that particular filetype.

/edit:
    Ah wait, I think I see what you mean. If you try to double-click the file, Windows may think it is a JScript script, and try to run it.
    If this happens, you should right-click the file and click "edit."
    Last edited by Twey; 07-16-2005 at 02:37 PM.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!