Advanced Search

Thread: What language for calculations?

Thanks

Default What language for calculations?

Hi!

I will be creating a page where visitors will be able to enter values and calculations will be made against values i a database and results will be displayed. Preferrably, one should also be able to post the results back to the server or mail it. Since I have some experience in web page creation and a little in programing I think I will be able to do this. I however, have no experience in script writing. My questions are thus: Which language would be easiest and/or best to use and are there any free templates out there that I can use?

/Bjorn

Thanks

I don't know about best, but PHP would certainly be able to handle it. In fact, I suspect most server side languages could handle this.

Thanks

Just to add a bit more detail, but basically what Medyman said--
    Javascript would do some of that, but once you require comparing against (or anything with) a database, you need a server side language. Send the form, get the sent data with the language, and do what you'd like with it, and the database. This isn't a particularly hard use of serverside languages.
    Hope this gets you started.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Thanks
    I think I'll try PHP since it seems simple enough.

/Bjorn