Thread: help with image galery format/navigation

Thanks

Default help with image galery format/navigation

"www.lukecardew.com/thisisme". This is a personal website of mine where i upload image galleries, 1-3 times a month. Currently the image galleries are made using a plug-in for photoshop called "simple viewer". it a beautiful gallery model, i am just board of it. Also to have to update the flash file each time is a pain in the bum.

The new site i want to LOOK like this 'www.lukecardew.com/test_servers/thisisme" (please note the only galleries working here are the last two at the bottom of "\2008" as this is just a test). i want the galleries to WORK "similar" to it too.

However instead having to refresh the browser to get next image i want the image loaded, to be a link to the next SEQUENTIAL image in that gallery folder (NOT random, as it is currently)
    the two currently working galleries (other than 'next image' and 'random' functions) is how i want the site to work, you click a gallery from the list and it loads the first image from the "called" folder on the server, to the left of the gallery lists. also I want the image to fit any browser window size up to 1600x1200 with white boarder around the image, and if you re-size the browser the image re-sizes proportionately (does not distort the image) the gallery lists stay the same size and aligned to the right of the image loaded, no matter what size the browser window (up to 1600x1200).

The idea of this site is 1. to view full page images and 2. it should be very simple for me to create a new gallery (by that i mean - add a link to the gallery list, referring to the new gallery) a few times a month. Ideally having to upload one file (with the new gallery link) and of course the new folder containing the images. Each new gallery will have a different number of images in, however will have a sequential file names, eg 01.jpg, 02.jpg, 03.jpg,.... maximum would be 99.jpg)

i am not too hot on html and know nothing about asp, i have been searching endlessly for a jsscript that does this but in dismay. Can anyone help with this? What I have been told i need is an asp template with some Javascript... any help would be very much appreciated. \cheers Luke

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry, I don't understand you. I think this is what you want:
    Instead of the page have to reload, it will just automatically show a loading sign, and when its ready it will be there. If that's what you want, you should beable to find atleast 100 scripts out there. Here is a one of those 100:
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...geselector.htm
    I hope this helps,
    ~Nile
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

thanks for your help Nile. Unfortunately that is not what I am looking for. I am looking for is a code that is compatible with a windows server (as yours was) to sequentially go though a folder of images with out having to input each image to the code, just the folder location. this will greatly reduce the time it takes me to upload a new gallery. i also don't need to have any descriptive text for each image and the link to the next sequential image should be the currently loaded image. the image should proportionately scale to fit any size browser window up to 1600x1200. The gallery list are links to folders of images not to specific image. does that make it any clearer?
    thanks again Nile, your help is very much appreciated.