Thread: Visual Basic 2008 .NET & ASP.NET are identical technologies ? what differ ?

Thanks

Default Visual Basic 2008 .NET & ASP.NET are identical technologies ? what differ ?

Visual Basic 2008 & Visual Basic 2008 .NET what differ ?

Visual Basic 2008 .NET & ASP.NET are identical technologies ? what differ ?

Thanks

The distinction is ASP requires IIS as a parser and client server based, whereas Visual Basic can be used to create Desktop application. Both versions you are have questions about require the .NET framework to run making them 'managed code'

Thanks

If I decide cover ASP.NET(C#) after studied VB.NET 2008 / ASP.NET (vb), then what is the best to do to efficiently Learn(self-learn) : (multiple choice)

1...study textbooks: First VC#.NET 2008 book and after start the ASP.NET (vc#) book or
    2...go to study immediatelly ASP.NET (vc#) book without first the VC#.NET 2008 book or
    3...start with online tutorials and video tutorials in ASP.NET (vc#) concurrent with a textbook in ASP.NET (vc#) or
    4...start with online tutorials and video tutorials in VC#.NET 2008 concurrent with a textbook, after comes ASP.NET (vc#) 2008 (in samely manner)
    5...other...what ?

answer and below:
    1) If I decide cover ASP.NET(C#) after studied VB.NET 2008 / ASP.NET (vb), then ONLY program statements change ALL other are the same ? Also exist common any (eg functions) ? By saying framework is the same we mean and GUI ?

2) Exist online anywhere ROAD MAPS & GUIDES 'what to read/cover' first-to-end ?

Thanks

leonidassavvides, I'll love to buy some of your time; how are you going to master java and vs2008/asp.net all at the same time?
    Have you estimated the cost of buying VS2008?

Thanks

http://www.asp.net/

http://www.learnvisualstudio.net/

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vcsharp/aa336809.aspx

Lots of screen casts are available for C#, VB.net, asp.net, etc through which you'll be able to grasp the important aspects quickly. Then you can buy some books, I personally found the books by Jesse Liberty more interesting.

Moreover for the .net based programming you don't have to buy Visual studio. As you know it is just an IDE that is .net compatible. Microsoft also offers free IDEs through which you can develop .net applications.
    Last edited by codeexploiter; 11-24-2008 at 04:55 AM.