Thread: Thumbnail container that scales?

Thanks

Default Thumbnail container that scales?

I am trying to figure out a way to create a thumbnail container acting as an image placeholder on my website.

I have a class defined already called .thumb, and it works well but is rather simple.

All of the thumbnail images will have a set width, however, some of the images vary in height, and as such, I need too find an effective way of creating a thumbnail container that scales with the height of the thumbnail image.

Can someone point me in the right direction, or perhaps come up with a ways to create a solution to this issue I'm facing?

I've googled around, but didn't find anything that seemed very useful.

Here's a link to the website so you can see how my currrent .thumb class container looks like:

http://www.froso.dk/test/index.html

Cheers,
    Bassa

Thanks

well, since you are using an image based background for the container (which isn't really a container, it's simply a styled anchor element) you should google the term "Sliding Doors Technique" and read up on that. It will teach you how to cut your image in certain ways so that you can code it to wrap around the image using background-positioning
    --------------------------------------------------
    Reviews, Interviews, Tutorials, and STUFF
    --------------------------------------------------
    Home of the SexyBookmarks WordPress plugin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassa View Post
    I am trying to figure out a way to create a thumbnail container acting as an image placeholder on my website.

I have a class defined already called .thumb, and it works well but is rather simple.

All of the thumbnail images will have a set width, however, some of the images vary in height, and as such, I need too find an effective way of creating a thumbnail container that scales with the height of the thumbnail image.

Can someone point me in the right direction, or perhaps come up with a ways to create a solution to this issue I'm facing?

I've googled around, but didn't find anything that seemed very useful.

Here's a link to the website so you can see how my currrent .thumb class container looks like:

http://www.froso.dk/test/index.html

Cheers,
    Bassa
    I have no idea, but your .thumb class is really helpful for me, may I use it. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phaoloo View Post
    I have no idea, but your .thumb class is really helpful for me, may I use it. Thanks in advance.
    Absolutely.