Thread: Image thumbnail Viewer displays behind a flash file rather than above it.

Thanks

Default Image thumbnail Viewer displays behind a flash file rather than above it.

1) Script Title: Image Thumbnail Viewer

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

3) Describe problem: On a PC the pop up image displays behind and not above an SWF file that is next to it. It displays OK when its next to an image(gif, jpeg) on both PC and mac. Is there an adjustment to the script that would allow it to pop up over the flash file?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

In your <embed> part add this attribute:
    Code:
    wmode="transparent"
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

Thanks. I’ll try that.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,231 Times in 3,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

You will also need to add (if it doesn't have it already) to your object tag (if you are using one) a param element:

HTML Code:
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    And if you are using javascript to avoid 'click or spacebar to activate', you must assure that both the wmode attribute and param are passed to it. This varies by exactly which script (if any) you are using for this purpose, but can generally be easily incorporated if the script doesn't already do so (many will).
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

GRacias amimgos!

Thanks

John,

fix doesn’t seem to be working. The pop up image viewer is still displaying behind the swf file as in: http://www.oneqrp.com/amenities_entertainment.html

Thanks.
    DAvid

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What browser are you using? I tried in FF 3.0.3, IE 7, Safari 3.1.1, And Google Chrome 0.2.149.30. They all worked. Make sure your also using the one online, and not a local version.
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

Got it to work. Added the ,'wmode','transparent' arguments to the AC_FL_RunContent call in addition to what John had said.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,231 Times in 3,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jscheuer1 View Post
    . . . if you are using javascript to avoid 'click or spacebar to activate', you must assure that both the wmode attribute and param are passed to it. This varies by exactly which script (if any) you are using for this purpose, but can generally be easily incorporated if the script doesn't already do so (many will).
    Quote Originally Posted by dnadavid View Post
    Got it to work. Added the ,'wmode','transparent' arguments to the AC_FL_RunContent call in addition to what John had said.
    Um, just as a note - I kind of covered that. There was no way I could know what (if any) script you were using, only that if you were using one, it might need to have the wmode transparent added to it. AC_FL_RunContent (most if not all the versions I've seen), do need this added at least sometimes. I think some earlier ones just did it automatically, and/or depending upon what method you use with AC_FL_RunContent, it can sometimes read the attributes/params from your existing markup, in which case it will use them. Other scripts for this vary (as noted).

Glad it's working for you!
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate