Thread: Problem with Mysql query

Thanks

Default Problem with Mysql query

Hi I am after some help with mysql, I am new to this so please be gentle . I have created a form on our website that sends an email to our database and then to an email account which is working fine, I am trying to date stamp on submit which is working but its creating a new line in the database and not including the enquiry, what I think I have done is created two query that are working separately and not together. I have included the queries below; please can someone show me how to join these two queries together please.

Thanks

$query = "INSERT INTO pitman (id, f_name, postcode, tel, mobile, email, course) VALUES ('', '$f_name', '$postcode', '$tel', '$mobile', '$email' , '$course')";

$query = "INSERT INTO `pitman` (`pdate`) VALUES (NOW())";

Thanks

if they are both inserting values into the same table why not just do it all in one shot?

Code:
    $query = "INSERT INTO pitman(id, f_name, postcode, tel, mobile, email, course, pdate) VALUES ('$f_Name', '$postcode', '$tel', '$mobile', '$email', '$course',NOW())";
    Also I am just curious, for your id field are you setting it to auto_increment or are you inserting the id in each INSERT query?

I hope this helps...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Moshambi For This Useful Post:

ace2721 (10-13-2008)

Thanks

Whether it is incrementing or not the query still needs to be changed... either one of these would work for auto increment:

Code:
    $query = "INSERT INTO pitman(id, f_name, postcode, tel, mobile, email, course, pdate) VALUES (null, '$f_Name', '$postcode', '$tel', '$mobile', '$email', '$course',NOW())";
    Code:
    $query = "INSERT INTO pitman(f_name, postcode, tel, mobile, email, course, pdate) VALUES ('$f_Name', '$postcode', '$tel', '$mobile', '$email', '$course',NOW())";

If you are keeping track on your own you need something liek this:
    Code:
    $query = "INSERT INTO pitman(id, f_name, postcode, tel, mobile, email, course, pdate) VALUES ('$id', '$f_Name', '$postcode', '$tel', '$mobile', '$email', '$course',NOW())";

5. The Following User Says Thank You to motormichael12 For This Useful Post:

ace2721 (10-13-2008)

Thanks

Default thanks

Hi guys thanks so much for your help it worked a treat