Thread: Different behavior of ddaccordion.js in IE and FF

Thanks

Default Different behavior of ddaccordion.js in IE and FF

1) Script Title: Accordion Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17

3) Describe problem:
    I used the script to create a menu with one level submenues (see the following page: http://www.diekosoks.de/PKSoft_01/index.php

First of all it worked about fine with FF. Just a little bit of flickering because the menue contents are empty in some cases. By the way - can I fix that. I always thaught that the boxes were not created at all using the display:none property.

When I tried out the menu in IE6 and even IE7 and click on a link in a submenu where the header is already expanded e.g. 'Lebenslauf' which is a submenu of 'Testperson' it first closes the Menu and reopens it. That does not look very pretty.

Please excuse the bad englisch but I hope you understand what I mean.

Looking forward for any answers and thanx in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

First of all it worked about fine with FF. Just a little bit of flickering because the menue contents are empty in some cases. By the way - can I fix that. I always thaught that the boxes were not created at all using the display:none property.
    That's most likely because you're using <p> elements as a container within the sub menu contents, for example:

Code:
    <div class="menucontents">
    	<p>
    		<a class="	normal"  
    					href="kompetenzen.php" target="_self">Kompetenzen
    		</a>
    	</p>
    	<p>
    		<a class="	current"  
    					href="lebenslauf.php" target="_self">Lebenslauf
    		</a>

</p>
    </div>
    Try replacing those <p> with DIVs instead, as different browsers treate <p> slightly differently in terms of how they appear when expanded/ collapsed.

When I tried out the menu in IE6 and even IE7 and click on a link in a submenu where the header is already expanded e.g. 'Lebenslauf' which is a submenu of 'Testperson' it first closes the Menu and reopens it. That does not look very pretty.
    So are you saying the persistence feature works in IE6/7 for you, just that the sub menu appears closed very briefly when the new page loads before it expands again? That's what I'm seeing, and in fact in FF as well. This is normal, as all sub menus appear collapsed until the script initializes and has a chance to determine which ones should be expanded by default.

BTW, please note that your page is currently in violation of our usage terms, since the credit notice doesn't appear inline on the page. Please reinstate the credit notice: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/notice.htm
    DD Admin

Thanks

Thanx for the quick answer. I inserted the credit notice on my page. Sorry for that - it was because I copied and pasted so much the last 2 days.

I replaced the <p> with <div> but it does not seem to change anything. Still - when I move the mouse e.g. from 'Testperson' to 'Willkommen' it seems to expand the 'Willkommen' button a bit.

The same behaviour appears when moving the mouse from the first to the second header.

So are you saying the persistence feature works in IE6/7 for you, just that the sub menu appears closed very briefly when the new page loads before it expands again? That's what I'm seeing, and in fact in FF as well. This is normal, as all sub menus appear collapsed until the script initializes and has a chance to determine which ones should be expanded by default.
    I can't see the opening and closing when I use the page in FF3. If you start with the lebenslauf.php the header 'Testperson' is open. Then click on the second entry of that menu 'Kompetenzen'. In IE 'Testperson' closes while loading kompetenzen.php in FF3 the header stays open.