Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liars!! || Liars??

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Liars!! || Liars??

I was talking to my friend the other day. He was wearing a sweatshirt that said MIT. You know. Massachusetts Institute of Technology. I asked him who's it was. He said it was his dad's. I asked him if his dad went to MIT. He said yes. Then I asked him if his dad programmed. He said yes... - WAIT !! - He also said that HE (his dad) programmed 90% of Runescape, you know, that Jagex game. I didn't believe him. Does anyone think that this is possible? I don't think so, but you may think differently. Feedback would be nice.

-magicyte

Thanks

I don't think we would be able to tell you. Considering we don't know this guy or his dad, even if we did know who programmed RuneScape.
    - Mike

Thanks

He's lying. Jagex has lots of people working on RuneScape. It's impossible that a single person could program 90% the game. Tell your "friend" to stop being a jerk.

Thanks

Yeah agreed... Honestly what major game companies have been solely programmed by one person.
    - Mike

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah. I knew it. I told him that I thought he was lying, and he said that his dad DID program it. I didn't believe him. He also said that he was a millionaire.

-magicyte

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magicyte View Post
    he was a millionaire.
    Haha, lol, what's with his millions now?

Thanks

Thanks

Maybe he's not lying...maybe his dad just lied to him? Most kids are really proud of their parents and they'll believe anything.

Runescape is so elaborate, I'm also assuming that it was made by a team of programmers.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it was one person who worked on it first though so MAYBE he's telling the truth. You never know...I mean, most big companies started small. Also, if your friend's dad really did a large part in the making of Runescape then he must be a millionaire.

Thanks

Unless his Dad works overseas, or he recently moved back from the UK, I think he's lying. I doubt Jagex does any type of outsourcing work.

Quote Originally Posted by http://jagex.com/corporate/Jobs/Games_Development/Head_of_Runescape.ws
    Cambridge, UK. Candidates must be able to work in Cambridge or relocate if offered the position.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Nope. His dad lives, well, he doesn't live in Cambridge - I can tell you that!

-magicyte