Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on my Avatar

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Feedback on my Avatar

A changed my avatar. Could I have some feedback and input on what I should do with it?

-magicyte

Thanks

I've never understood the concept behind "hiding" your identity via the use of an avatar... why not just use an image of yourself? Maybe i'm just old fashioned. LOL
    --------------------------------------------------
    Reviews, Interviews, Tutorials, and STUFF
    Home of the SexyBookmarks WordPress plugin

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Very nice. Minimalistic and stylish

Nyne: Don't you think it's more revealing of the parts that matter to use an image or icon of your choosing rather than just showing your physical form? What you choose is much more important than what you're born with.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

i suppose i can see your point, however i feel it to be more "personable" to simply use an image of yourself. This let's people know "who" they're talking to rather than what that person is like.

Thanks

Then again, sometimes the person you see is not at all what they are like (if that makes sense).
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
    TheUnlimitedHost | The Testing Site | Southern Utah Web Hosting and Design

Thanks

very true.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I would say it lets people know what the person they're talking to looks like -- a superficial and probably irrelevant detail. The internet is good in that it lets us free ourselves of the influence of unimportant things like what we look like or what our voice sounds like, and judge and be judged on only the things that matter: 'who we are', if you will.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

well i suppose if i were going to use an avatar that expressed things "about" me, then this would be it (what i'm using now)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Smart! I like it

Thanks

Regardless of whether an avatar that is a representation of yourself is more psychologically revealing, using an image of your face does allow for the typical way to remember someone with humans-- facial recognition. Our minds are trained to do it, and I gotta admit, it's strange knowing you as someone who has a geometric pattern for a head
    But then again, I suppose I'll just have to remember that I'm speaking to the innermost workings of your psyche, not your face, and it'll all make sense.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum