Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Communicating with PayPal to update database

Thanks

I am also trying to setup paypal ipn... but its not updating the database, got ipn script form paypal.com/ipn php script.. can you help me.
    anees_psh@hotmail.com

Thanks

This forum is meant for public discussions. If you want help, post the information here so that others can help you.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Hi Jason,

I have some questions , hope you will figured out for me, I shall be humbly thankful to you.
    1.How can I turned on PAY PAL IPN ?
    2.How can I inform pay pal of paypal_ipn.php location?
    3.Can I use return and notify_url both at the same time?
    4.What should I written in both of these url links?

Thanks and Regards

Thanks

Default IPN Test works, but not when submitting with button

Thanks for posting this code. I'm working on a project to set up online registration with paypal payment so IPN is a must. I'm totally new at this and have found the paypal documentation a bit confusing.

I've run in to a glitch though. When I set everything up in the sandbox and run a test IPN from the paypal sandbox IPN simulator it works perfectly. However, when the IPN is run off the submit button of my form it retries several times before failing. In the sandbox seller account I can't seem to find any more information as to why it failed. Do you have any suggestions on how I might troubleshoot this?

This has been frustrating me for several days. Thanks for any suggestions!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just did a search of this thread for ssl and https - what you need to do this sort of communication.

I don't know if this would solve anyone's issues here but without a Secure Socket Layer that confers an https connection, PayPal will send little if anything back to the domain initiating the payment.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate