Thread: embedding SQL into PHP/HTML

Thanks

Exclamation embedding SQL into PHP/HTML

I need to display stuff from an SQL table in a webpage, is there a way to do this? I have access to cgi and all that. I prefer using php though

Thanks
    Blog Entries

http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.mysql.php

If you want to use PHP, you should probably have a moderator move this to the PHP forum, where it will be more easily found. Do you already have a database set up? Do you know the SQL commands you need to use?

Your question is unclear.
    Please provide more information, and be as specific as possible. What do you want to accomplish? What have you already tried? What problems did you encounter?
    Also, please be sure that you have included all relevant code and/or a link to the page in question.

Thanks

Sorry about the incomplete question.. I typed it kind of fast... Anyway, I need to display some tables from SQL that will be updated frequently. Its for displaying usernames in a queue for a game.

I don't know anything about SQL, I know some things with phpmyadmin though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

1. Do you have an existing MySQL database?

2. Are you using a CMS or other website software that your script must integrate with?

3. Please post all relevant code and/or a link to the page in question.
    This includes the php script you are writing/modifying (obfuscate any sensitive info, like passwords, etc.) and the structure of your database.
    (use BBCode tags: [php], [html], [code], etc.. If the code is too big to post, attach it as a .txt file - but don't attach dozens of files or an entire CMS.)

4. Describe what information you need to retrieve from the DB and how you need to display it.