Question about a laptop
Is this a good laptop:
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
– AMD Turion(TM) X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-70 (2.0GHz)
– 15.4" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
– 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
– 256MB ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3450 Graphics
– FREE Upgrade to 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
– Webcam Only
– HP Color Matching Keyboard
– Wireless-G Card
– No Modem
– SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
– No TV Tuner w/remote control
– 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
– Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
What does webcam only mean? No mic? You might want to look for one that has a mic built in-- that's generally a standard feature on "good" laptops these days. It may have one, though.
Generally, that seems just fine. I don't think it's necessarily the cheapest you'll find that, but it's a good computer and for a good price. You might find something like that for a hundred dollars less, or something, if you looked hard enough, wanted to wait on shipping, and all of that.
Then again, I just looked through the specs quickly, based on what I've seen around.
You might want to try it out in person, if you can, to see if you like how it feels-- shape, etc. That may be more important than anything else.
Also, if you have anything in particular that might be stressful for it (lots of gaming, video editing, need a really long battery life), etc., then that might help your decision.
Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| Deutsch | italiano | español | português | català | un peu de français | Ninasoma Kiswahili | 日本語の学生でした。| درست العربية
I hate vista but it looks alright to me...I would listen to what djr says tho too. Not bad RAM and such...are you going to be using it for gaming?
Yes, this is a nice laptop with great price.
Independent VGA graphic card make it outstanding from the onboard graphic card on most other laptops.
Hugh 4GB fast speed RAM, and a high ended CPU, you are having a rocket laptop with affordable price.
How many laptop needs 4GB RAM?