Thread: Scrollable content script II

Thanks

Default Scrollable content script II

Hi,
    I have this on my web pages and it works fine. The only thing is, is that it is all stretched out in Dreamweaver MX 2004, but in Dreamweaver MX, it can be viewed fine. Is there a setting I have wrong in Dreamweaver 2004 or do I have to take something out of the code?

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/scrollc2.htm

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It just looks wrong in DreamWeaver 2004, but displays fine on the page?
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Yes, it comes up fine but it's hard to design the content when the layer is 3800000 px wide (that's what the rulers say above it, but doesn't help when I put in the right width or clear it out). I'd like to see a WYSIWYG when designing.

When I take out the tags
    <ilayer name="nscontainer" width=460 height=365 clip="0,0,460,365">
    <layer name="nscontent" width=460 height=365 visibility=hidden>
    the table it is in snaps back to the right width. All the widths are at the right size as well.

Do I need to change the below too?
    if (iens6){
    document.write('<div id="container" style="position:relative;width:460px;height:365px;border:0px solid black;overflow:hidden">')
    document.write('<div id="content" style="position:absolute;width:455px;left:0;top:0">')

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

If it were me, I'd say, "Time to stop previewing in Dreamweaver and use the browser to see what it looks like in the 'real' world." All WYSIWYG editors have some limitations when the design gets complex. Many of them just cannot deal with javascript at all, others do so haphazardly and often, poorly.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Unhappy

Many of my pages for this and a few other sites have this javascript. Is there another way to post this function without using layers? Maybe if the code is changed around it will look right in editing mode in DWMX2004. It's funny that it looks fine in DWMX, but not in the upgraded version.

Help.
    Last edited by mahart663; 07-08-2005 at 08:03 PM.