Thread: jim's popout

Thanks

Default jim's popout

Script:Jim's DHTML Menu V5.7

How do you stop the menu from not folowing the page movement when you expand and contract the browser? I tried the float but it did not help.

check it out

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Use HV Mneu:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm

and stick it in a frame.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default frame

Is their a way to do it with no frames?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

No reliable way to do that in all circumstances has come to my attention other than the one I mentioned. These third party menu scripts can be a hassle and as far as configuring them to behave a certain way, location wise, it boils down to your individual page layout. With simpler page layouts, the author's instructions work. As layouts become more complex other, more unique, solutions are called for. You, as the design implementation person, are responsible for that but, be warned, some layouts are so complex that no solution may exist. If as an experiment you are willing to try different layouts to get this to work, I'd suggest creating a layout where all dimensions and positioning are either left up to the browser or made relative using percentages. I'd also experiment with a layout where all dimensions and positioning are fixed using pixels. With each of these two test layouts try the menu with and also without float. If one of these four possible combinations works out to your satisfaction, then you will 'have it' and, if not, something may come to your attention in doing so that will present a solution. Obviously, for me to undertake all that on your behalf, is a little beyond the scope of what this forum is for. The frame solution is a catch all that works. BTW, I just looked at your example page again and it seems to be working, what did you do?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

thanks for the help. That is a page that looks like it but it is different and not what I wanted. thanks for the help.
    Larry