Thread: Need to stop SWF looping, but how?

Thanks

Default Need to stop SWF looping, but how?

I'm a neophyte at using Flash, so I suspect that the answer to my question is pretty simple - I just don't know it. Whenever I convert a video clip from any format to SWF something wierd happens. Let's say the clip is 34 seconds long. When it converts, it shows that the new clip is like 10 minutes long. It starts to play and when it gets to the end of the 34 seconds, it starts over again. I first discovered this when downloading a YouTube clip to embed in a powerpoint. I thought that maybe it was something to do with YouTube, so I converted a couple clips that I had shot myself. Same result. I use Cucusoft YouTube Mate for conversion, but I tried it with another program and got the same result. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

are you using the flash Authoring tool. if so at the end of the movie you just need to set a key frame and in the actions window/panel type this

stop();

that says stop the movie here

Thanks

I'm not using a Flash authoring tool. All I want to do is take a video clip, such as one I download from YouTube, convert from an FLV to SWF and embed it in a PowerPoint that I post online. Is there an easy way to make it play the clip only once?

I downloaded a trial of SWISH miniMax Flash authoring tool, but it didn't recognize the FLV files (it looks for SWI files, which is not one that I can convert to). I could import in other formats, but it would stick them in the audio part of the timeline. I don't need to create an entire FLASH website, just convert a movie to use. What I don't understand is why if I play a clip in any format other than SWF, it plays once and stops. If I convert it to SWF, it plays over and over. It's frustrating. This shouldn't be rocket science.

Given that I know very little about FLASH and only have minimal FLASH needs, is there maybe a program that will zero in on my movie clip, read it and allow me to insert the STOP command at the end? Is there another easy solution?

Thanks

Another thing I've noticed. I'm now looked at 2 Flash tools. Neither give me the option to import a movie clip, per se. They seem to look for text or image files. When I go with Image files, they only give me the standard photographic (not video) formats, like JPEG.

Thanks

does it have to be a swf? Thats just converting a flash video file to a flash movie file. the flv is the format that allows a swf read the movie it's trying to play. I would google something like flv to mov converter or flv to avi converter. either one of those will work in power point. Will most likely work better to.

Thanks

I use it with software called Articulate Presenter, which enables me to create online workshops in Flash from PowerPoint. Articulate requires a SWF file to embed it in the slide. FLV is not recognized by Articulate.

Thanks

Yeah, I'm not sold on using SWF in PPT. I use this FLV Converter which allows me to download the file and convert it into a format that will work on the OS and/or platform I am trying to use. I normally don't have those kind of issues in the conversion and the best part is that it is free.