Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction to myself

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Introduction to myself

Hello Dynamic Drive members. I know this is pretty weird, but I have never really introduced myself.

I am magicyte (that obviously that isn't my real name). I am 2 years younger than the user Master_script_maker. I am NOT in college, nor do I have an occupation (I do plan to go to BYU, though). I started programming in JavaScript when I was 10 years old. It all started one summer when I was bored. I didn't have school, so I did a bunch of science experiments off of the internet. Well, it just so happened that there was a science experiment that involved HTML. I tried some HTML in Notepad and saved it. I then opened it in IE and WALA!! My creation was right there! It wasn't until after a few months that I started to program in JavaScript.

Now I know the following languages (with the exception of the process of learning a few of them):

HTML
    JavaScript
    XML
    XSLT
    XSL
    C
    C++ *
    Java *
    AJAX * (not a language - method of JavaScript which was originally created by Google, Inc., I believe.)
    PHP *
    ASP * (technically not a language - "ASP is an interface to webservers" - Twey, Moderator - "Modtoreador")

* I am in the process of learning more about this language

Just wanted to give the users of DD a heads-up of who magicyte was, even though I've been here for about 3 months.

-magicyte
    Last edited by magicyte; 09-17-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks

Doesn't this belong in the lounge?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, it is an announcement. I meant to post it the day I joined , but I guess it could be classified as a lounge thread. So, yes and no.

-magicyte

Thanks

The announcements refer to announcements made by admin/moderators pertaining to the site. Not random announcements that users/visitors wish to make.

Anyway, I'm sure one of the mods will come around and put this in the right place.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Kay. Never knew this was only for admins and moderators.

-magicyte

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It should be pointed out that neither 'AJAX' nor ASP are languages.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

I know that AJAX is just a mix of server side something and a certain set of functions in Javascript, or at least a method of Javascript, but what is ASP then?
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| español | Deutsch | italiano | português | català | un peu de français | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks
    Blog Entries

ASP is not a language but a page that will be parsed in languages like vbscript.
    [Jasme Library (Javascript Motion Effects)] My Site
    /\/\@§†ê® §©®¡þ† /\/\@|{ê®
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

ASP is an interface to webservers, something like CGI (but less portable). It supports any language supported by WSH, the Windows Scripting Host.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

is PHP then a language - for I always thought PHP and ASP were in the same block - just scripting something - what is what ?

a warm welcome magicyte - enjoy your stay and feel at home but dont do like at home.