Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Google Chrome

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I downloaded it. Pretty cool.

-magicyte

Thanks
    Blog Entries

yeah its very cool. but you have to turn off autocomplete and change the search engine from google to something else and you can't post anything without giving google the right to change it.
    [Jasme Library (Javascript Motion Effects)] My Site
    /\/\@ /\/\@|{
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Thanks

there is a function which u can open your webpage in a incognito window. So if we do that right, neither the com we surf on or google will have the data right? If that is true, can u suggest y they want to include this function?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyk View Post
    there is a function which u can open your webpage in a incognito window. So if we do that right, neither the com we surf on or google will have the data right? If that is true, can u suggest y they want to include this function?
    Incognito mode only removes the cookie(s) that are set by a potential website, it does not prevent them from using the information as described in their terms of use, and depending on how they set up the service (chrome) they may actually track what you do in the incognito mode and what you do in the regular mode

Thanks

plz go to this site.
    Please don't mind me. I am just posting a lot of nonsense.

Thanks

Not being descriptive isn't exactly going to want me to follow the link?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master_script_maker View Post
    yeah its very cool. but you have to turn off autocomplete and change the search engine from google to something else and you can't post anything without giving google the right to change it.
    The first part is true. Google will use the data from what you're searching for and/or browsing to augment their analytics and use the information for the ad-based technologies.

The second is not. That's just a default part of the EULA. It'll be removed if it hasn't been already. They had the same problem with Google Docs. It included the same language and was removed when they deemed it didn't apply. Basically, it's laziness on the part of their legal department more than anything else.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...change-it.html

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
    Incognito mode only removes the cookie(s) that are set by a potential website, it does not prevent them from using the information as described in their terms of use, and depending on how they set up the service (chrome) they may actually track what you do in the incognito mode and what you do in the regular mode
    I think that's being overly paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
    Not being descriptive isn't exactly going to want me to follow the link?
    Especially when it has "how-to-crash-google-chrome" in the URL...lol

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

The link about how to crash it is legit. Apparently it is easily crashed. I think I'll wait till it's been around awhile - had some of the bugs knocked out of it. Does sound very promising though.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 09-09-2008 at 06:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, that is what 'beta' means Anybody using this seriously for applications that matter right now will learn that the hard way.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franais | entiendo espaol | ti t hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twey View Post
    Well, that is what 'beta' means Anybody using this seriously for applications that matter right now will learn that the hard way.
    Absolutely. After posting, I followed some of the other links from the blog post on the crash bug and found that GC has a Java exploit inherited from the outdated version of webkit upon which it is based that can allow hackers to run programs on your HD. That makes it (GC) a 'testing only' browser at best as far as I'm concerned, just like IE, and Safari 3 Win. But I generally don't even test code in a browser until it is out of beta.

Notes: Safari 3 Win has supposedly overcome this Java exploit, but considering that Apple is a relative novice when it comes to writing browsers for Windows, I'm still not convinced it is a safe browser. I'll stick to Opera and FF for actual browsing, using others at my own risk for testing purposes only. One exception - IE on trusted sites that benefit from one or more of its unique features.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate