Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome

Thanks

I just downloaded it. Look quite promising. Anw, guys what are the new functions that this web browser have & the other don`t? Its seems like loading a website is slightly faster than normal. Might need some time getting used to the design of this browser

Thanks
    Blog Entries

new tab page that allows you to choose some of your most visited pages, different processes for each tab, different processes for each plug-in, spell check, built in html viewer with code highlighting, built in task manager which shows you the memory of each of the browser's processes is using with the ability to end them, easy downloading with a download interface similar to firefox's download statusbar extension, javascript debuger, javascript console with ability to dynamically insert functions and code into the page, also allowing you to run functions in the page, with auto completion.
    Last edited by Master_script_maker; 09-03-2008 at 01:24 PM.
    [Jasme Library (Javascript Motion Effects)] My Site
    /\/\@ /\/\@|{
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyk View Post
    I just downloaded it. Look quite promising. Anw, guys what are the new functions that this web browser have & the other don`t? Its seems like loading a website is slightly faster than normal. Might need some time getting used to the design of this browser
    It uses a new rendering engine that until now was developed for mobile devices.

Thanks

waiting for it to be Linux compatible...
    Please don't mind me. I am just posting a lot of nonsense.

Thanks

Unless IE 6 and 7, Fx 3, and Opera 9.26 all have problems with pixel declaration.

Google chrome has a serious bug in their rendering. DD has a minimum width of 1024 for the viewport where I need 1048 for chrome. (provided that the web developer extension for firefox is correct, and I lined up the edges exactly). Lining of the edges isnt as crucial because 24pixels is alot to be out, that a pixel or two in lining doesn't mean drastic error on my part. This is talking about the forum home page.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yay, a standards-driven browser war. Sign me up for that one, sounds like good things could come out of it.

On the other hand, see: http://tapthehive.com/discuss/This_P...e_s_EULA_Sucks. Not really a good start, or the right attitude.

Anw, guys what are the new functions that this web browser have & the other don`t? Its seems like loading a website is slightly faster than normal.
    That's just WebKit. We've had that in Safari for years, and KHTML in Konqueror, which is even faster. The most prominent features, as far as I can see, are a) its process-per-tab model, which offers various benefits as described in the comic, and b) its new garbage collection model. The key design concept behind this browser is 'computers are faster now; let's take advantage of some of that power to make things more elegant'. It's a good concept, and one that more apps should be starting to look at. Particularly, the thread/process-intensive model is increasingly becoming a more viable option with multi-processor machines abounding. I've been trying to design more apps that way myself recently (in which endeavour Erlang and Haskell are huge boons).
    Last edited by Twey; 09-03-2008 at 02:22 PM.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franais | entiendo espaol | ti t hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman
    It uses a new rendering engine that until now was developed for mobile devices.
    It's Webkit! It's the rendering engine behind Safari among others. Not really new nor developed solely for mobile devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Twey View Post
    Yay, a standards-driven browser war. Sign me up for that one, sounds like good things could come out of it.
    Amen to that! Sign me up too...

Thanks

So this is quite a browser, but before we give it all the high praise, it is still less than 24hrs old (845am EST) so there is always the potential for some huge flaw to be discovered and whoops there it goes.
    I do agree with you on this to an extent, because well, it IS a beta still...

man Google Rocks!

Thanks

Thanks

I LOVE this gem from the Chrome EULA:
    By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the services and may be revoked for certain services as defined in the additional terms of those services
    But that's in most Google EULA's. And I read somewhere that they're going take that out of Chrome's EULA or at least modify it.

There are still other concerns though.