Thread: Close button or link at top AND base of wz tooltip div

Thanks

Question Close button or link at top AND base of wz tooltip div

I would like to add a Close link to the base of the tooltip div on this page: http://www.mmcc-pasig.org/singles.htm (hover "Disciples Upload Your Photos" link on right column)

Tooltip code and instructions here:
    http://www.walterzorn.com/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm

It looks and works great in IE but in FF the close X top right is just a light black X.

Thanks

Open your page http://www.mmcc-pasig.org/singles.htm and comment the following mentioned code in it:

Code:
    <!-- <span id="WzClOsE" style="background: rgb(153, 0, 0) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; position: relative; left: 2px; padding: 5px; cursor: pointer; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: verdana; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold;" onmouseover="tt_OnCloseBtnOver(1)" onmouseout="tt_OnCloseBtnOver(0)" onclick="tt_HideInit()">Close</span> -->

Thanks

Default did i miss something?

Where do I put that code? I tried putting it several places and it's still the same in FF. Did I miss something?

Thanks.

Thanks

Check your 'singles.htm' or other HTML pages in which you use tooltips. and check for the following code

Code:
    <span id="WzClOsE" style="background: rgb(153, 0, 0) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; position: relative; left: 2px; padding: 5px; cursor: pointer; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: verdana; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold;" onmouseover="tt_OnCloseBtnOver(1)" onmouseout="tt_OnCloseBtnOver(0)" onclick="tt_HideInit()">Close</span>
    And comment that code completely. Later if you want you can remove that. First do it in one page and check if it is working then do the same thing in other pages too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to codeexploiter For This Useful Post:

johnwboyd (08-28-2008)

Thanks

I still don't get what you're talking about sorry. Did you test that it worked with the red box and white X for top right of window in FF?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnwboyd View Post
    I still don't get what you're talking about sorry. Did you test that it worked with the red box and white X for top right of window in FF?
    Open your wz_tooltip.js file and go to tt_MkTipSubDivs function and replace the following line

Code:
    + '<span id="WzClOsE" style="position:relative;left:2px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;'
    with this one

Code:
    + '<span id="WzClOsE" style="position:relative;left:2px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;background-color:#8F0000;color:#fff;font-weight:bold;'
    In FF it works correctly.

Hope this helps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to codeexploiter For This Useful Post:

johnwboyd (08-29-2008)

Thanks

Aaahaaaa! Now I see what you're talking about and it works! One last thing if we can get it to hover like before in FF: http://negroschristianchurch.info/index.htm

Thanks! : )
    Last edited by johnwboyd; 08-29-2008 at 02:24 PM.