Advanced Search

Thread: Using Dreamweaver to connect to SQL server..

Thanks

Default Using Dreamweaver to connect to SQL server..

So, I'll admit that I jumped into this whole mess knowing less than I should, however I've made a promise of sorts and really need to figure this thing out.

I'm just trying to make a simple registration / login page for a simple html site, which is managed using dreamweaver. I'd like to continue using dreamweaver, as I have very little raw code/script knowledge for php (actually, none ) It's killing me because I know that once I get dreamweaver to connect, all I have to do is apply recordset/behaviors to pages and fields that are already on my registration / login pages and it does the rest for me.

HOWEVER, it's not connecting to my database.. I now have 3 hosting accounts (one is old, the other is godaddy which currently hosts my main site BUT doesn't support dreamweaver db connections, and the other is host department, which I just signed up for and does-from what i understand, support dreamweaver db connections.)

From what I'm gathering, some people just manually write the connection scripts? Is this something that I can do and STILL have dreamweaver connect in the way that it was meant to? (aka still use its' recordset features and such?)

Is there a way I can check the default connection scripts? It's giving me the same error code now "the php server doesn't have the mysql module running or can't use the mysql(p)connect functions" however I think I'm forgetting to reset something? it's giving me that error code for ALL hosts/ip addresses / anything I type in now (it used to give me other stuff, I feel like it's not even trying now.)

I did clear the connection scripts by the way, but maybe I'm missing something else?

I've got my database, table, and users set up already on each host (I'm only trying the Host Department one now however.)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks

Sounds like the PHP server isn't configured to use MySQL.

Try putting this in a page. It should display details of how PHP is configured.

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
    Last edited by watesie; 08-28-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks

http://www.hardcorechoppers.com/PHPINFO.PHP -

There she is.. not sure exactly what I'm looking for though. I might just throw up a testing site on that new host department account and see if dreamweaver likes that php any better? Not that it would really solve my problem, as I'm noooot trying to transfer the entire site again.

Thanks

Hmm, this is no bueno.

So I've got everything working on the host department website.. actually got dreamweaver to connect (amazing feeling) and pull all the table fields, threw them into forms, and made all the pages.. even checks for used usernames, etc..

...however, there's really no way to integrate this into my existing page on dreamweaver (at least without somehow editing the connection scripts manually.)

Does anyone know a way around this? Or maybe something I can change in the control panel?

Thanks guys.. I'm getting there