Thread: Recommend a CMS?

Thanks

Default Recommend a CMS?

Can anyone recommend a good CMS system?

I've already designed the websites I just want other people to be able to edit/add content.

The setup I have at the moment is PHP and MySQL.
    I know I could create something myself but would take far too long.

Users would also need to upload images.

As I have over ten websites, I would like a central place where employees could administer all of the sites from one single website.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jc_gmk View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good CMS system?

I've already designed the websites I just want other people to be able to edit/add content.

The setup I have at the moment is PHP and MySQL.
    I know I could create something myself but would take far too long.

Users would also need to upload images.

As I have over ten websites, I would like a central place where employees could administer all of the sites from one single website.
    Are you willing to buy a commercial piece of software or are you looking for open-source solutions?

Thanks

Would prefer open source, but i'm sure i could get my companies backing if it's a better solution.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You can use Majicko.com. Its PHP and MySQL, its very simple to set up to. You can learn how to use it very quick too. Its also only $50.00 dollars. I don't know if its the best for you, though....
    I hope this helps,
    Nile
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jc_gmk View Post
    Would prefer open source, but i'm sure i could get my companies backing if it's a better solution.
    Well, if you can get backing, then I wholeheartedly recommend ExpressionEngine.

I run a small web firm here in New York and we run all of our client sites off of ExpressionEngine. Websites from simple blogs to literary magazines to media sites. It's THE MOST flexible, extensible, accessible CMS that I've ever used (and I've used most of them).

In regards to your multiple sites need, ExpressionEngine has an expansion called the Multiple Site Manager. It does exactly what you need (one control panel, multiple sites).

You can read more about it on their website.

The greatest thing about it is that there is a whole developer base behind it. Plus, there is dedicated support. Some of the biggest names in web design run ExpressionEngine for a reason.