Thread: A little HELP PLEASE with a drop down menu to incorporate into a site update

Thanks

Default A little HELP PLEASE with a drop down menu to incorporate into a site update

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on a web site update for a production company. All the updates were going well until they asked for drop downs for their navigation menu.

I decided to built the drop downs using CSS since I didn't have a firm grasp on Javascripting yet. I built a few menus to test out the CSS and HTML, and it worked out fine in my test files.

After testing it out, I built the menu for the web site, as well as the CSS for the drop downs and dropped the code into the existing HTML, but it didn't work out.

The existing navigation menu was in between a "tr class=menu" tag and a "td" tag. I built the menu and put it in between a "div id=menu" tag, but once I uploaded the file for a test, the menu hide behind an existing table.

I am perplexed and don't know what to do. I have tried using "classes" instead of "ids" but that made the menu show in "list" form and did not obey the CSS rules.

I have re wrote the CSS behaviors and that didn't work either.

I really do not want to re write the whole site (its somewhere between 10-15 pages) over a simple drop down menu.

Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I can provide the code if anyone would like to take a look at it. Email me (dhane@greatdhane[dot]com) or PM me.

Peace
    Dhane Diesil

Thanks

Default The links..

Hi Everyone,

Here's the link to the files: dhanecrowley[dot]com/drops-test

The 'index-test.html' is the file where I need the menu to be placed.

The 'drop-test.html' is the file where I build the test menu to go into the 'index-test.html' file.

And 'general-test.css' is the css file where all the rules are.

This is a project that I recently started working on. I am not the original author of the code. I am simply updating the site and trying to add CSS drop downs to the existing menu.

Peace
    Dhane Diesil