Bullet List Accordion Menu: Last Category Won't Expand
1) Script Title: Bullet List Accordion Menu
2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...enu-bullet.htm
3) Describe problem: I've been testing the Bullet List Accordion menu and for the most part, it works great and I am very impressed. However, for some reason, my last category item will not expand when I mouseover it (my current setting) or when I set it to click, whereas all my other categories expand just fine.
Specifically, on my test page http://www.asian-nation.org/test-short.shtml, the last category is "Viet Nam" and in both FF2 and IE7, when I mouseover it, it will not expand, but will do so if I mouseover the "Links" category immediately before it.
Once my "Viet Nam" category is expanded, it collapses just fine once I mouseover some other category. But I can't figure out why this last category will not expand like all the other ones. Thanks for your help.
It looks as though you've got a few mix ups in the scripts, completely reinstall the script, and make sure your linking together the classes correctly. Don't know if this will work. But there's always worth a try. Am I right?
I hope this helps,
Hi Niles, I've double-checked everything and as far as I can tell, all the CSS and JS match up the way it's supposed to, as my last "Viet Nam" category is coded exactly the same as all my other categories. I'm still completely stumped because other than that last category not expanding correctly, everything else works just fine. Anything else I should do? Thanks again.
Check the page to see if any elements on the page could be messing with the effect of the drop down, other then that. I really don't know because I'm not that good at js.
I hope this helps,
Hmm this is an elusive one. I starred at and tried a few things, but still no go. I know it probably has something to do with your CSS however. I'd start out with a fresh page, add the original Accordion Menu to your page, and slowly add your own styles, checking at each turn it still works as expected.
Hi Nile and DDAdmin, Thank you both for your help. After racking my brain trying different things, I came to the conclusion that whatever category is last seems to have the expand problem.
So I decided on a workaround -- just create a blank h3 category at the bottom of my menu with a ul/li one-item list, but with a "display:none" setting for them all. That seems to have done the trick for now. Again, thanks for trying.