Thread: Recommendations

Thanks

Question Recommendations

Hi,

Im looking for a scripting/programming language that I can use to run the same type of code that ECMA/javascript uses on a client side. The reason I ask is that I know theres no way to protect javascript code (successfully) but Im looking for the functionality of javascript from a client side manipulation but inside maybe even a client side compiled script that cannot be reverse compiled. I dont know all the tools available to me as I only know what I know and I need suggestions.

If I understand correctly, even google maps api is grabable (if not how do google protect there scripts and what scripting lang would they use)

I need something that has the functions available to manipulate the html and access the css properties from that html on a real-time state. Anything out there at does this?

Thanks
    Dal
    Programmers are tools used to convert Caffeine to code

Thanks

So, you're looking for a server-side JavaScript? In what degree? Syntax or functionality?

Thanks

Javascript is not compiled. They are initiated on page load, and provides the "real-time" updating that you would like. Javascript is also a client-side language that should not actually be used for validation, but could however, be used as a real-time portal between the server and the browser to check such fields... This would be called remote-scripting, however the popular "buzz word" of the time is AJAX.

Google uses javascript in the manner that I just told you about, however I am not sure if their maps API is actually run off this javascript interaction.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING published on the web, okay well anywhere, can be reversed engineered. Putting some type of encryption here or there can slow that process, however it is always possible with time, effort, the right tools

Thanks

Thanks boogyman, I feared that was the case and thus answered my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Medyman View Post
    So, you're looking for a server-side JavaScript? In what degree? Syntax or functionality?
    Medyman, I wanted the functionality only as most scripting languages use the c structure anyway so it can all be converted.

Thanks for the info. I guess I just have to risk my javascript out in the open but it would have been nice to protect it. Legally its very difficult to protect the code and you have to spend alot of money paying a company to keep it protected.

Thanks again
    Dal
    Programmers are tools used to convert Caffeine to code