Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [DHTML] Flexible AJAX table - DBGrid

Thanks

Default [DHTML] Flexible AJAX table - DBGrid

1) CODE TITLE: DBGrid

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES:
    BYK (byk@amplio-vita.net) (JavaScript & CSS)
    snlzkn (snlzkn@amplio-vita.net) (PHP, Demo & Wiki)

3) DESCRIPTION:
    This is a very easy to implement, very easy to use Javascript based table. It uses XML files as source, and also capable of sending POST queries to gather dynamically generated data.

It supports client side sorting, filtering and grouping. It also supports exporting to Excel file format(this is server based with the PHP file we provide).

Here is a simple demo: http://amplio-vita.net/JSLib/demos/DBGrid
    Here is a wiki which tells the basics: http://code.google.com/p/av-jslib/wiki/aVDBGrid

4) URL TO CODE:
    http://code.google.com/p/av-jslib

Thanks

No comments yet? Look what I say, if something is perfect, then nothing need to be said since you would just say "oh yes, great work" etc. OR if something is too bad, again you might not say anything since everything you'll say would be negative or there would be a lot to say

So, since I know this work is neither perfect nor too bad(err. OK assuming this part ) I and my friend would love to hear your ideas to improve it. So come on, say something

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I love this script, I think its great.
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

I looks well done, however I don't think I could find any reason to ever use it personally.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Reviews, Interviews, Tutorials, and STUFF
    --------------------------------------------------
    Home of the SexyBookmarks WordPress plugin

Thanks

First of all thank you for your kind responses

@Nyne Lyvez
    We are using this module for a commercial site which is heavily based on database entries, searching and organising them so it might look a bit serious but its appearance is fully customizable with its css base so may be you may find it useful if you ever intend to show dynamically generated, tabulated data on your personal page(yeah, I know it is unlikely ).

Thanks

Do you think this would work for this:?

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...d.php?p=158230

Thanks for any input...

Thanks

To display and manage(filter, sort, group etc.) server-side filtered data(by searching on server side I mean) yes it would be extremely useful and a good fit. But if you want to supply a 18.000 rowed table data to DBGrid it will most probably freeze the browser for a long period. If the browser is IE then it will definetly not work with that amount of data, with browsers which has a fast JS engine, like Fx3, it might work but I strongly depreciate it. You should filter first. There should be at most a few thousand records in the client-side.

You can try SQLite which does not require a huge install(and might be work portable) and Apache again which might work portably. Or you can check PHP2EXE

Thanks

Added client side paging support. JSON support is on its way. You can check the demo to see the paging support.

dailytool, it might work with your project now since it does not try to print all the records at once.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Good idea, but poorly implemented. There are a series of memory leaks, and all the methods of DBGrid objects are needlessly recreated for each new instance.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

I switched to prototype based implementation.

And can you give some examples of memory leaks and some ways to avoid them. For example I have to assign a "creator" property to the HTML table objects in order to access the original object from the event handlers. Is there any other way? EDIT: Yes there is and I'm working on it.

BTW, looking at a few things and then saying "poorly implemented" is really easy, the hard thing is to see the good points and give suggestions to improve the bad things.
    Last edited by BYK; 09-13-2008 at 02:25 PM.