Thread: flash image loads and then my homepage opens script

Thanks

Default flash image loads and then my homepage opens script

I would like to have a script that would load first and then my index.html loads upon hitting the url address of my website. Is it possible to find anywhere ? Thank you

Thanks

Search around, they do exist. You're looking for a preloader. Perhaps, something like this?

Thanks

I did found some but they load to fast, is there a script on which we can define time delay and page load after that ?

Thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linux1880 View Post
    I did found some but they load to fast, is there a script on which we can define time delay and page load after that ?

Thank you
    I'm sure you can write it or someone here can help you write it.

I do all of my javascripting through jQuery, and I can imagine (in theory) that you could do this through that. So, if everything else fails, use jQuery.

See my post below for an example
    Last edited by Medyman; 07-22-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Thanks

You know, I got thinking about this and if it really would be possible using jQuery. I had an idea in my head, but turns out it's even simpler than I thought.

I put together a quick little demo here. I'm not sure about its utility, but its a cool little effect. I call it time-released content. Click the lock, to "unlock" the content.

I'm attaching all the functions to the lock only after the window has fully loaded. Of course, this might not be best way to do it if your page takes long to load as the user would be left clicking with nothing happening. But, then you would probably include something like a loading bar, instead of a button. In any case, for example's sake...this is good enough.

Edit: Add: I would probably add a cookie, so the user doesn't have to deal with the lock EVERY time. That could get really annoying. There is also a timer plugin for jQuery so, in theory, you could "unlock" automatically 10 seconds after the page is done loading, or something of the sort.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by Medyman; 07-22-2008 at 11:01 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medyman For This Useful Post:

linux1880 (07-23-2008),Savitri (07-23-2008)

Thanks

Thank you so much medyman, I have never used jquery , I downloaded it but it doesn't run, I am not use to with it, hearing for the first time, if you could please give me a simple instruction I would be greatful. Thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linux1880 View Post
    Thank you so much medyman, I have never used jquery , I downloaded it but it doesn't run, I am not use to with it, hearing for the first time, if you could please give me a simple instruction I would be greatful. Thank you.
    How are you loading it? Do you have a link to the page? The "Getting Started with jQuery" tutorial on jQuery.com should get you up-to-speed on the basics.