Advanced Search

Thread: html and php to exe

Thanks

Default html and php to exe

hi,

i want an application that can convert html and php into executable files.
    I tried bamcompile for php but it only worked for command line php no html with it.
    I need it combined. like:

<html>
    <?php

$test = "hi"
    echo "<font color=#ff0000>".$test."</font>

?>

</html>

this should become a gui executable file

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You're then limited to one particular browser and OS. You would be much better off using a proper toolkit such as GTK, Qt, or wxWidgets. These can be used from PHP, except the latter, although you might want to try a 'real' programming language like Python, since GUI programming can get messy when the language has sub-standard OO features.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twey View Post
    You're then limited to one particular browser and OS. You would be much better off using a proper toolkit such as GTK, Qt, or wxWidgets. These can be used from PHP (although you might want to try a 'real' programming language like Python, since GUI programming can get messy when the language has sub-standard OO features).
    PHP 5 is substandard? :O

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Standard Rant©. It's a lot worse (less powerful and flexible) than OO in, say, Python or Common Lisp, or even, I believe, C#. It's about the same level as Java, although that's an average: it surpasses it in some ways and falls short in others.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends français | entiendo español | tôi ít hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks

One of the reasons for PHP's lack of OO functionality was there used to be a rather large rift in the community about whether web based software really needed to have OO functionality. Call that crazy but it happened and a lot of time and effort was wasted.

Also, PHP 6 is on the verge of release which, while not perfect, cleans up a lot of function naming and function parameter conventions as well as including namespace support and a much better coverage of Unicode support across the language...

Doesn't cover all your points, granted, but personally I'm a PHP fan as I find its logic intuitive to use .. and perhaps because it has always been able to do what I need to and haven't explored many other languages. Perhaps I should be broadening my horizons >.<

Thanks
    Blog Entries

'When the only tool you have is a hammer, all problems look like nails.'

You should definitely learn other languages. I suggest, in order of probable difficulty for one who's only used PHP before (but they're all worth learning): Python, Common Lisp (and CLOS), C, Java (not very useful if you know the others unless you intend to get a job, but gives you a good grounding in how classical OOP can be applied to any problem — and most likely more than a few hints as to why it shouldn't), Perl, and Haskell.

With regards to PHP 6, if it actually does fix the issues with PHP I'll be happy, and remove some of my complaints (or, more likely, replace them with new ones), but that's to be seen. As it is now, the issues stand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midhul View Post
    hi,

i want an application that can convert html and php into executable files.
    I tried bamcompile for php but it only worked for command line php no html with it.
    I need it combined. like:

<html>
    <?php

$test = "hi"
    echo "<font color=#ff0000>".$test."</font>

?>

</html>

this should become a gui executable file
    Not exactly what you're looking for, but you might want to look into the AIR API.