Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iframe's scrollbars problem (FireFox)

Thanks

Unhappy Iframe's scrollbars problem (FireFox)

Okay, I'm trying to make a website friendly with both IE and FF, and it uses frames. I have no problem seeing it on IE, everything's working like it should be. But when I see it on FireFox, an ugly, evil horizontal scrollball appears

I've tried doing the normal "fixing" codes like scrolling="auto" scrolling="yes" and nothing would work. I also tried changing the width of the content.. but nothing would work to remove the horizontal scrollbar.. I didn't have the problem using IE.

The code I'm using for the iframe right now is
    Code:
    <iframe name="draw" src="main.htm" scrolling="yes" FRAMEBORDER="0" width="328" height="248" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" allowtransparency="true">
    </iframe>
    Or maybe is that I have to change the content of the iframe?.. Or it's not a coding problem? If anyone can help, I'd be thankful.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Use the CSS:

Code:
    iframe {
    overflow-x: hidden;
    overflow-y: scroll;
    }
    Thanks to cr3 for suggesting it was a CSS attribute

Be aware that this means that if anything does extend beyond the width of the frame, it won't be accessible to the user.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twey
    iframe {
    overflow-x: hidden;
    overflow-y: scroll;
    }
    Those are IE specific codes. To get rid of the horizontal scrollbar in FF you need to set the iframe's scrolling="auto" (preferred) or scrolling="yes" and the content page has to be able to display within the iframe's width. This can be done by having no content wider than the iframe's width. This gets a bit tricky with text content, as any line that won't wrap to the desired width will cause a horizontal scrollbar. Especially when you consider that FF will generally only wrap lines on white space.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

He already said he tried all that.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

It works though, the OP probably still had content too wide for the iframe without realizing it. Your method will change nothing in FF. What we really need is a link to the problem page.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Ok I just fixed it It wasn't nothing to do with that, it was because header's with was "100%" And it needed to be less, i changed it to 90 and everything's Okay.

thank you all for trying to help!

He already said he tried all that.
    (by the way, I'm a girl)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ack, sorry. (smacks self)
    Usually try to use "s/he," but you don't say it out loud, and sometimes I forget.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You've both conveniently skipped over the fact that I got this one right, the content was too wide after all.
    - John

Thanks
    Blog Entries

OK, OK, you were right.
    The reason I didn't suggest it was that she said she had already adjusted the content width, to no avail.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Cool

Thanks Twey, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it.
    - John