Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i need tell friend script.

Thanks

Exclamation i need tell friend script.

dear members,
    i hope you answer my question. i have tried many script or tell a friend but i need it be on a hyperlink or a button to be open on new window which has fields for sender email and name + recipient email. it should be sent without open outlook.???how???

please i need our answer ASAP..

thank you..
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 07-20-2008 at 01:04 AM. Reason: remove oversize font

Thanks

Thanks

thanx alot for your reply but i think i use javascript it will be easier.. do you have a script for tell friend in javascript???

Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 Times in 3,160 Posts
    Blog Entries

Javascript cannot really do this, it can but it will not work for anyone without a mail client (folks who use gmail or yahoo mail, hotmail, etc.), and it will not work for folks with javascript disabled.

Now, what codex linked you to would require server support for asp.Net - many, but not all have this, does your host?

If not, there are sure to be equivalent scripts for PHP, plain asp (not the .NET variety), jsp, and for formail, and probably for other server side languages. Google will likely help you find one of those if you need them.

Alternatively, you could just ask your host what they recommend. It is quite possible that they already have a widget for 'Tell a Friend' all setup and ready to go. At the very least, they should know what server side languages they would support for this.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Unhappy

thanks alot for your replies, i tried the code http://www.asp101.com/Samples/tell_a_friend_aspx.asp

but it wrote that the messgae sent but nothing recieved???!!!!WHY

still need help, please if anywone have tried a tell friend script,,tell me what to do????
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 07-19-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: remove oversize font

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Does your host support asp.Net?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Question

yes my server support asp but i am testing the code on my localhost does this make differrent???

the code i used is attached please test it and tell me if it really send email to friend.

thanks alot for your concern..waiting for reply...
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 07-20-2008 at 01:04 AM. Reason: remove oversize font

Thanks

It probably would not work on your localhost if you do not have an SMTP server setup on it (excuse my ignorance of ASP, if I made no sense).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by techietim View Post
    It probably would not work on your localhost if you do not have an SMTP server setup on it (excuse my ignorance of ASP, if I made no sense).
    True. And the localhost must support asp.NET as well. None of that matters though if the live host doesn't support asp.NET. So I ask designsecrets again:

Does your [live] host support asp.Net?
    designsecrets,

Please just use the default font size in your posts, we can all increase it on our end if we have any trouble reading it. If you are having trouble reading the font, increase its size in your browser's view menu.
    - John

Thanks

many thanks for all of you..

Quote Originally Posted by techietim View Post
    what do you mean by SMTP server setup my outlook is setting is ok but i don/t want to use it
    in the tell friend message i want to be from any email to any...

i am sure my localhost support asp.net i work on my sites under vb.net and it works proberly.

i really apreaciate your support...
    sorry about increasing font...