Thread: content issues

Thanks

Default content issues

I have made a menu at an angle using images, i would like to have rollover information appear in a content box, this isnt the problem as i have done this before. I would however like the content box to match the angle of the menu, is it possible to change the angle by using dhtml or any other scripting method for that matter?

sorry if this is in the wrong section i'm pretty dappy when it comes to this kind of stuff
    Last edited by muzz; 06-24-2005 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I should think using the same or similar images as the menu uses. If there is an issue about allowing the background through use gif's with transparent portions.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

i wanted to use a form as i'm not too fond of image load time and personally i dont think having images as roll over information would work as well aesthetically. Plus i already have the script from a previous project.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not knowing just what you mean by 'angle', I cannot be definitive but, generally anything other than horizontal requires images in order to work well cross browser, even then it is a challenge because different browsers will interpret your positioning differently. To get around the obvious problems of images on rollover, use an image optimization program or otherwise make your images to the smallest dimensions and using the least number of bytes possible. Combine that approach with preloading, and rollovers with images aren't so bad. If you can preload the images on another page that the user is likely to spend some time on first, so much the better. Even so, have them preload on the page that they are used on as well, just to be sure.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate