Thread: Animated Collapsible DIV v2.01 - very slow in Opera

Thanks

Default Animated Collapsible DIV v2.01 - very slow in Opera

1) Script Title:
    - Animated Collapsible DIV v2.01

2) Script URL (on DD):
    - http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...edcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem:

I love the script and it is working fine in IE and Firefox. But in Opera it's very slow. Sometimes a refresh takes up to 15 seconds to show all the content again (normally about 5 or 6 seconds). While IE takes less than a second.

Any ideas how to speed things up in Opera as well?
    Thanks in advance!

Here is where I'm using it:
    http://www.thaumas.nl/test2/iframe_klassiek.htm

EDIT: I'm testing it in Opera v9.02
    Last edited by plimfec; 07-15-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Testing your page in Opera 9.5, it runs very smoothly for me actually. What version of Opera are you experiencing the issue? Obviously it also depends on your computer hardware etc, but generally, this script is very well optimized already. One thing you can try is upgrade the jQuery engine used by the script from the current 1.2.2 to 1.2.6 instead. Download js_collapse/jquery-1.2.6.pack.js from jQuery.com and replace the reference on your page to point to that file instead. It contains a few optimizations.

Thanks

I'm experiencing the issue in Opera 9.02. But I tried at work today - also Opera, version 9.00 - and the problem was not there. I upgraded to the new jQuery engine, like you said, and I'm going to upgrade my Opera 9.02 as well.

Since you didn't face the problem in version 9.5 - and I didn't at work - it should be indeed a local problem. I'm sure it will be vanished when I update to the new Opera.

Btw: When I would add about a hundred of lines on my page using this script, do you think it will be noticeable slower or does the script work in a way it doens't affect that too much?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

The length of the content within each collapsible DIV doesn't really affect the speed of the script. It's more how many animated collapsible instances (DIVs) you have on your page that will start to weigh things down.

Thanks

Ok, I'll see how things work out then, when I increase the number of div's. Many thanks for your quick answers. I really love this website and it is great you give all this support to people using your scripts.