Thread: CSS Menu Overlap issue!?

Thanks

Exclamation CSS Menu Overlap issue!?

Hello All!

I'm new here so go easy on my lack of experience...I am having an issue with my CSS menu. Its not expanding over my content for some reason, although the rest of the menu is showing up just fine. Please advise...the page is located at http://www.diversifiedcomputers.net , and the menu is located at the top of the page...(nevermind the left panel nav, its going in the toilet soon). Still, the menu comes out looking fine, BUT the submenus are NOT expanding. I have the header and the menu in a separate header.php file (WHICH WORKS FINE ON ITS OWN!!) and the style sheet in its own http://www.diversifiedcomputers.net/...dropdown_6.css, but the menus won't expand over the content when inserted into the main index page!

I've inherited this website from a previous web guy who has made a mess out of this site. I'm considering scrapping and redesigning, but I need to keep up the present site for the time being. If you would like to see the direct code without having to View Source, let me know.

Thanks...I appreciate any help!

Thanks

It doesn't work because of the html code that you have before the <!DOCTYPE. It causes the browser to render in quirks mode, which is why your CSS fails.

Also you have a syntax error in style.css at line 246:
    Code:
    #####THIS IS THE MIDDLE BOX STUFF
    It's supposed to be a comment (enclosed in /* */).

Thanks

Thats great...I noticed there was a DocType error when I ran it through the w3 c markup validator. I didn't know exactly how to alter that. So, does this mean I need to pull the header reference out of that table and keep it at the top of my code...I guess thats really my only option...

Unfortunately, the idiot who developed the site put everything into a table and made a ton of work for me to clean up.

Dude, thanks a bunch for taking the time to look through the code. I appreciate it, very much!

Thanks

Works great...now all I gotta do is play with the CSS code and alter the other pages to comply.

Thanks again, DimX!

You da man.