Advanced Search

Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Update Question

Thanks

Default Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Update Question

My Drive C is freeze (using Deep Freeze) so I installed my Kaspersky on Drive D:\Program Files so I can turn on the updates automatically. But my problem is, when Kaspersky updates, the updates still save at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8\.

I tried tweaking registry and change %DataRoot% and %TraceRoot% Target to D:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8 and try to update Kaspersky. It really did save on D:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8. But when I reboot my PC, Kaspersky didn't work well and it gave too many errors and the components (email, firewall, etc) does not work.

I guess I messed up with the program so I ended up reinstalling the whole thing.

Please help me. thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gcacal View Post
    My Drive C is freeze (using Deep Freeze) so I installed my Kaspersky on Drive D:\Program Files so I can turn on the updates automatically. But my problem is, when Kaspersky updates, the updates still save at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8\.

I tried tweaking registry and change %DataRoot% and %TraceRoot% Target to D:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8 and try to update Kaspersky. It really did save on D:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8. But when I reboot my PC, Kaspersky didn't work well and it gave too many errors and the components (email, firewall, etc) does not work.

I guess I messed up with the program so I ended up reinstalling the whole thing.

Please help me. thanks.
    Sorry... KIS can only save the data in C:\documents and settings\all users\application data.

you can't even change the path or directory. if you wish to do, it means you should messed up the KIS engine.

you can perodically thawed the deepfreeze if you gonna do.

Thanks

I already install kaspersky Internet Security 2009, but my laptop is to slow, even the access for internet is almos imposible, may I have to disable some protections???

please help me