Advanced Search

Thread: How to create website with template

Thanks

Cool How to create website with template

I'm looking for a bit of guidance on re-vamping my website. I use Yahoo's sitebuilder at the present time. I would like to know how to go about having a template layout similar to the following: http://miss-vintage.com

Was this set up with a css template? Any help is much appreciated for this newbie...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

look through the css library. you should be able to find plenty of free css templates elsewhere on the web as well.
    We Only Torture the Folks We Don't Like (You're Probably Gonna Be Okay)
    It's a Party in the CIA

Thanks

what best software to use for web design?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't believe there is a "best software." it's more important to understand how websites are built. there are two aspects: 1) design, meaning how to organize the content and navigation for your visitors; and 2) function, meaning how html, css, etc. work.

if you're just starting out, I would recommend using a cheap (or free) web editing software. whatever you start with, you may not like it after you learn more about what you're doing. wait until you're more knowledgeable before even thinking about spending a significant amount of money. in the end, all web design software (all good software) do the same things, so how easy it is for you to use is more important - and you won't be able to figure that out if you don't have some idea of what you're doing.

the first thing you need to do is learn about html. even if you don't want to code websites by hand. learn html. it's not as complicated as it seems, and it's very worthwhile. Here's a good place to start.
    We Only Torture the Folks We Don't Like (You're Probably Gonna Be Okay)
    It's a Party in the CIA