Thread: IE 6 javascript png fix

Thanks

Default IE 6 javascript png fix

Hi there,

I'm really new to javascript, and I've been pulling my hair out for days trying to implement a javascript fix for png transparency in IE6. I tried SuperSleight, but couldn't get it to work. Another poster in this forum posted a link to the TwinHelix page, and I got that one partially working, however the image doesn't appear after the script runs.

Here's a link to an example page (I know there are other IE 6 bugs besides this one that I still need to tackle):
    http://www.folkways.si.edu/searchres...ular&sType=cat

Any advice would be very welcome! I really can't figure out why these scripts work for other sites and won't work for me...

Thanks

The following script always works for me:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/pnghowto.htm

Thanks

I tried that one already, and the result was that the image became totally transparent and lost it's CSS styling. I followed the implementation instructions, but maybe I'm missing something? Or maybe there's another script interfering in the functionality?

Thanks

I just realised that in the TwinHelix script I had the incorrect path name for the blank image. I fixed that, however it still isn't replacing it with my .png file. Does anyone have any thoughts on why?

Thanks

Seems to be working now.