Thread: Page transition

Thanks

Default Page transition

1) Script Title:
    Dynamic Ajax Content
    2) Script URL (on DD):
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...jaxcontent.htm
    3) Describe problem:

I am a newbie trying to design a site that have the nav menu on top and have the pages load right below it without having the top menus reload. The old way to do this was in an iframe but I am trying to accomplish this using this script. Is there a way to implement some sort of page transition effect. I would like the effect of fading and sliding up/down. I would like the current content to fade out and new page to slide or drop down from top. A good easy to understand tutorial for a newbie would be great.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You could try to make these effects work with it, I don't know how you would, and it only works in IE:
    http://www.javascriptkit.com/filters/transitions.shtml
    Also, you were talking about the bar being on top of the pages instead of to the left, were you asking how to do this, or just telling us for more info?
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

Well first I need transitions that are cross-browser compatible. I figured out how to move the menu to the top. That was no problem. The issue is having the effects on page transitions. Is there a Ajax Framework that could accomplish this but easy to implement?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Once again, I don't know how easy it'd be to combine a transition, but go ahead and search google for Ajax Frameworks.
    Jeremy | jfein.net