Advanced Search

Thread: background image size

Thanks

Default background image size

I am trying to help my wife with her website splash page. She has updated it and now you have to scroll up and down and left to right. What is the code I need to enter to make the background image fit to any display property? this is her code right now
    Code:
    <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
    <!-- ImageReady Slices (newsplashidea1.jpg) -->
    <table id="Table_01" width="1281" height="900" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    as you can see the width and height is set to 1281 and 900, what do I need to add/delete to make it automatically scale to any display?
    Thanks

This is her splash page http://sweetonyouphotography.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone79 View Post
    I am trying to help my wife with her website splash page. She has updated it and now you have to scroll up and down and left to right. What is the code I need to enter to make the background image fit to any display property? this is her code right now
    Code:
    <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
    <!-- ImageReady Slices (newsplashidea1.jpg) -->
    <table id="Table_01" width="1281" height="900" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    as you can see the width and height is set to 1281 and 900, what do I need to add/delete to make it automatically scale to any display?
    Thanks

This is her splash page http://sweetonyouphotography.com/
    The reason why that occurs is because the average size of a screen normaly is 800pixels by 600pixels so you image overlaps that size.

Instead of adding the values of the image in, try adding in a percantage of 100% so width="100%" and height="100%". Saying this though, normally the table size does not affect the layout, only the data within the table. So look at what size you images are, also try to use percentages here is avoid you trying to calculate the fully values of both the height and width of the image.
    Last edited by jrheeder; 07-01-2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Adding information