Thread: background music that does not stutter and neither requires to rewire my entire site

Thanks

Default background music that does not stutter and neither requires to rewire my entire site

hello,

I have a mp3 file that I'd like to integrate in my website, and used a flash button. It worked fine on my machine but can't turn it off / or on 'live'.

BUT the biggest problem is that my entire site has been set up and I am adding the music now, is there a way to have this music integrated in the site, add stop en play (text links) without any reloads (but keeps on going) when you go to another page?

the site is coded in css and some javascript,

hope someone can help me out

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

Please include your code so that we can take a look at it, we can't do much without it.
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

it has not much to do with 'problematic code'

title: background music that does not stutter and neither requires to rewire my entire site
    is there a way to have [this] music integrated in the site, add stop en play (text links) without any reloads (but keeps on going) when you go to another page?
    but here's a link

link

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmm, sorry can't help you there.
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

Guess you could use a combination of flash and frames.
    Peter - alotofstuffhere[dot]com - Email Me - Donate via PayPal - Got spare hardware? Donate 'em to me :) Just send me a PM.
    Currently: enjoying the early holidays :)
    Read before posting: FAQ | What you CAN'T do with JavaScript | Form Rules | Thread Title Naming Guide

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tech_support View Post
    Guess you could use a combination of flash and frames.
    Yeah, if your site doesn't use any dynamic loading now, that's about the only way to do it without having to "rewire" your site as you say.

Of course, the usual negative effects of SEO have to come into play. So, you should really weigh if the audio is really that important to your site. In principal, I believe it is generally detrimental to overall user experience and retention (though not always).

Thanks

I actually ended up making a 'first' index page, placed an iframe in a div that has the exact dimensions as my website and placed a flash movie in the first index page and hid it. This way I don't have rewire my entire site, the website still looks normal and my client has her music, we're all happy

thanks for all the suggestions tho, really appreciate it!

Thanks

oh and I let go of the whole turn it on or off button dilemma, she just wanted her music to play, and I would have fixed it if it wasn't hard... but I am pretty sure it is...

Thanks

Can you help me figure out how to put music on my site throughout the background? independent of which page it is on?