Thread: Display issues with Firefox?

Thanks

Default Display issues with Firefox?

1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider V2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: Has anyone else seen an issue with the content divs not being hidden as you go from content to content? When I go through each link, it is showing all past linked divs at the same time. I do not see this in Safari. It essentially renders them on top of each other. This is on Mac. I will test PC too. Code follows:

Code:
    <div class="pagination" id="paginate-slider2"><a rel="1" href="#1" class="toc">news</a> <a rel="2" href="#2" class="toc selected">transactions</a> <a rel="3" href="#3" class="toc">hottie</a></div>

<!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan --><div id="slider2" class="sliderwrapper">

<div class="contentdiv">content1</div>

<div class="contentdiv">content2
    </div>

<div class="contentdiv">content3
    </div>

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

featuredcontentslider.init({
    	id: "slider2",  //id of main slider DIV
    	contentsource: ["inline", ""],  //Valid values: ["inline", ""] or ["ajax", "path_to_file"]
    	toc: ["news", "transactions", "hottie", "sushi"],  //Valid values: "#increment", "markup", ["label1", "label2", etc]
    	nextprev: ["", "Next"],  //labels for "prev" and "next" links. Set to "" to hide.
    	enablefade: [true, 0.1],  //[true/false, fadedegree]
    	autorotate: [false, 3000],  //[true/false, pausetime]
    	onChange: function(previndex, curindex){  //event handler fired whenever script changes slide
    		//previndex holds index of last slide viewed b4 current (1=1st slide, 2nd=2nd etc)
    		//curindex holds index of currently shown slide (1=1st slide, 2nd=2nd etc)
    	}
    })

</script>
    Last edited by mqcarpenter; 06-05-2008 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Remove link

Thanks

I tested this in IE6 and Firefox on my PC. It works in IE, but not Firefox. This is going to stink if this is a known issue. I really like this script!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

The script does stack one content DIV on top of the next, yes. This shouldn't be a problem as long as the CSS for your ".contentdiv" class is correctly set up so its width is large enough to accommodate that of the widest content within all your contents. Make sure the background of the ".contentdiv" is also explicitly set (instead of being transparent).

See this thread for more info: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=32694

Thanks

I found the issue. It did not like "min-height". I was trying to avoid an explicit height. It requires it, so I will just have to adjust it based on the content I add. Thank you for the help.