Advanced Search

Thread: Need Font text alternative .gif .jpg ?

Thanks

Default Need Font text alternative .gif .jpg ?

I have created a .gif or .jpg in photoshop that only contains the type font I want to use. However when I test it online the words are not displayed cleanly. I see other sites with special fonts in these graphic forms. What save options should I use?
    Hopefully,

Thanks

Do you have an example of the image? What exactly isn't working about it? There should be any difference in image quality locally versus on the web.

Thanks

I will have to put up the test text. I will need 15 min to do this. I will have 1. html text first. 2 .jpg text (the .gif looked the same as the .jpg).
    I will return here with the site link when ready.
    Note: I am an old photographer, now enthralled with the internet. I was a COBOL programmer in the '60s

Thanks

Roger,

It's best if you either post your link here and/or upload the image in question. There are others who know a whole deal more about image compression etc... than I do.

What settings are you outputting the .jpg with? The premise of what you're trying to do isn't flawed. So, that leads me to believe that you probably "Saved for the Web" using some low quality setting.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Medyman For This Useful Post:

rjsphoto (06-05-2008)

Thanks

Ok The Photoshop image create setting:
    Image Size 6.5x2.0 resolution 150 x Scale Styles x Constrain Proporties
    x Resample Image = Bicubic
    jpg save options: Image Options Quality = 10 (maximum range)
    Format Options x Baseline (standard) size @56.6 Kbps
    The image looks good in Photoshop but looks crummy in the site. Especially with the text version also shown. We really want to use the font (Zapfino Linotype One) it suits the site well. I am aware of the well documented problem of using a font not commonly found on computers. That is why I want to use a jpg or gif. Link to site:
    http://www.capricealbumdesigns.com/home.html

Hopefully someone knows the right settings to have the image look smooth.

Thanks

Image options should NOT cap at 10... it's a 0 to 100 slider. 10 means the file size is small, but the quality of it is less than stellar...High quality is typically around 60. I recommend keeping the img as a jpg. Also, it doesn't really matter at this point, as it's not hurting anything, but typically images for web only have a resolution of 72 pixels per inch.
    Verzeihung!

Thanks

Image options should NOT cap at 10... it's a 0 to 100 slider.
    You're probably confusing this with something else. The jpg image quality slider in Photoshop goes from 1 to 12.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Medyman For This Useful Post:

rjsphoto (06-09-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Medyman View Post
    You're probably confusing this with something else. The jpg image quality slider in Photoshop goes from 1 to 12.
    No sir. That is the case if you just hit "Save As". Use "Save for Web". Better results that way (slider then goes from 0-100), AND you get a nifty preview of the final result.
    Verzeihung!

Thanks

As with ALL computer problems there is always more than one way to solve it! For my problem of getting the slected font to always show on my site, to this point the discussion has not offered a clear solution. Can you do a test of your own and then send the results to me ?

Thanks

I have, and all my results have been fine, regardless of whether I've "Saved As", "Saved for Web", resolution of 150, resolution of 72, hell, even changed that color to something web safe.

The only thing I can think of now is that perhaps you don't have Anti-Aliasing on? There should be a drop down box labeled 'aa'. Perhaps it is currently set to none?
    Verzeihung!